H15 DRL Help

T6LeeH

VIP Member
Hi all,

So i've just purchased some H15 LED DRL's for my T6.1. Straight away when installing them, I noticed the orientation of the bulbs are wrong. Basically, the old halogen bulbs point vertically (up and down) whereas the new LED H15's when installed, point horizontal, which means there's no reflection at all. I can see that the LED's are lit, but there's virtually no light at all coming out, since there's no reflection.

Has anyone else came across this problem? As far as I'm aware, there is only one style of H15's, and these new ones are molded, so the orientation cant be changed that I can see.

Can the bracket behind the lights be moved approx 90 degrees maybe? This would fix the problem but I dont fancy forcing them to move!

Link to the new H15's

Any help?

Cheers

Lee

Reactions: dj_
Hi mate have you solved this? Did the LEDs fire up or did you get error codes?

I'm not sure if these would be any better but they look like the lamp can be rotated in the holder to any angle so it can align with the reflector wherever it is.

I've bought stuff from Evitek before, scroll down the page to the 'Contact Seller' part (Nick Lin) and ask for details of the fitting then price for shipping one set, you can pay by paypal.
Make sure the cost of goods is kept low otherwise you will end up having to pay import duty plus the fee the royal mail add on for collecting it (ie don't go ordering 3 sets because they are cheap because you'll get stung by the duty)

Reactions: dj_
Back