T6.1 H15 Halogen High Beam Headlight Alignment Adjustment

DMcCook

VIP Member
Can someone tell me how to adjust the alignment of the original H15 halogen high beam headlights in a T6.1 van??
Having fitted LED bulbs, I want to lower the DRL and High Beam slightly because they are too high.
I’ve spent hours trying to find documentation to show what screws / where the screws are that adjust the high beam reflectors!
I hope someone can help.
Thanks.
David.

6mm.allen key in the top of the lights

6mm.allen key in the top of the lights
YAY! Thanks heaps - that’s all I wanted to know and it worked.
I didn’t want to turn any screws around there if I didn't know what they did.
For future reference, the 6mm socket also has a Philips head inside it and turning anti-clockwise (looking from above) with a 6mm hex key does lower the light beam nice and slowly.
EDIT - these screws adjust hi AND low beams - not just hi beam.
I really wanted to lower the hi beam without changing the low beam, since it has it's own range adjustment dial.
I will have to accept the compromise of lowering both if that's the only choice. ;-\

Last edited:
YAY! Thanks heaps - that’s all I wanted to know and it worked.
I didn’t want to turn any screws around there if I didn't know what they did.
For future reference, the 6mm socket also has a Philips head inside it and turning anti-clockwise (looking from above) with a 6mm hex key does lower the light beam nice and slowly.
EDIT - these screws adjust hi AND low beams - not just hi beam.
I really wanted to lower the hi beam without changing the low beam, since it has it's own range adjustment dial.
I will have to accept the compromise of lowering both if that's the only choice. ;-\
I am also using standard Halogens on a T6.1.
Can I confirm that there is only one adjuster and that is adjusts in a diagonal rather than ‘just’ vertical or horizontal? I’m used to having one adjuster for each plane - which would the logical method….
Ta

There are 2 adjusters for each bulb one for up and down and one for left and right

Can someone tell me how to adjust the alignment of the original H15 halogen high beam headlights in a T6.1 van??
Having fitted LED bulbs, I want to lower the DRL and High Beam slightly because they are too high.
I’ve spent hours trying to find documentation to show what screws / where the screws are that adjust the high beam reflectors!
I hope someone can help.
Thanks.
David.
could I ask what led h15 lamps your using ? I have tried a couple but always come up with errors and don't work.. cheers

could I ask what led h15 lamps your using ? I have tried a couple but always come up with errors and don't work.. cheers
Hi,
Have a look in these 2 threads where we discuss all the bulbs we’ve tried.
You need to change the wiring to the bulbs, to swap the earth and hi beam wires, before any LED bulb will work.
Post in thread 'T6.1 H15 LED bulbs not working'
T6.1 H15 LED bulbs not working

Back