T6.1 E-Grille EHU

Covmod

Anyone tried to fit an E-grill to a T6.1? I purchased a new gloss black grill and the E-grill kit but have found it way harder to fit than the you tube video suggested (although the video is for a T6, so expected it to be a little different. The biggest issue is getting the Exgrill to fit into the hole once the old badge lasted has been removed! I’m determined to get there but not easy!

Anyone tried to fit an E-grill to a T6.1? I purchased a new gloss black grill and the E-grill kit but have found it way harder to fit than the you tube video suggested (although the video is for a T6, so expected it to be a little different. The biggest issue is getting the Exgrill to fit into the hole once the old badge lasted has been removed! I’m determined to get there but not easy!
Hope you got your E-grill sorted , hope you don’t mind me asked where you bought it from as I’m after one also,
Mark.

Hope you got your E-grill sorted , hope you don’t mind me asked where you bought it from as I’m after one also,
Mark.
Is this what you mean by an E-grill?

eGrille.JPG

If so, I believe VisionTech Automotive designed these originally and sell then here. Also Transporter HQ sell VTA's product here.

EDIT: links now working (hopefully!)

Last edited:
Mark.
Yes, I got it sorted in the end, but it was bloody hard work. I got mine from Transporter H Q along with the black gloss grill. I ended up breaking the first grill trying to get it in, but got there with the second one, after a lot of cutting and filing down with a Dremal. I would recommend you get someone to do it if you can to take the risk away. I definitely would if I had to do it again. But as I say, all good now.

7D46B84E-AC80-4096-B50B-ADB2E9AF6D0B.jpeg

I’m have mine done by the same
People’s that are converting it as I a believer in a man for a job !!,
Good move. The video made it look easy, but it was far from it. The amount of plastic that had to be removed to get it to fit was crazy. Whether that was because it was an aftermarket grill I’m not sure, but I would say you are doing the right thing

Never seen one of these before, but I love the idea of it. Whilst I'm good on the electrical side of things, fitting one of these into my grill is outside of my level of confidence. Has anyone has one of these fitted into their grill by anyone based on the south coast? Is this something @BognorMotors would do?

Yes, I got it sorted in the end, but it was bloody hard work. I got mine from Transporter H Q along with the black gloss grill. I ended up breaking the first grill trying to get it in, but got there with the second one, after a lot of cutting and filing down with a Dremal. I would recommend you get someone to do it if you can to take the risk away. I definitely would if I had to do it again. But as I say, all good now.

View attachment 152580
This looks amazing, thank you for sharing. We are currently trying to fit ours this week into our van. I am trying to find the 4-pin connector/trailing socket that is required for the lock on the VTA/TransporterHQ E-grille lock, and what the connections for it are? Are you able to help me, please :)

This looks amazing, thank you for sharing. We are currently trying to fit ours this week into our van. I am trying to find the 4-pin connector/trailing socket that is required for the lock on the VTA/TransporterHQ E-grille lock, and what the connections for it are? Are you able to help me, please :)
Hi, I’m not sure what you mean. everything needed came in the kit, I didn’t do the connection part on the back end, but it looked like it just needed the cable and wires inserting. It was going in for conversion anyway, so they connected the electrics up. Sorry I can’t help more. have you watched the video on you tube?

Hi, I’m not sure what you mean. everything needed came in the kit, I didn’t do the connection part on the back end, but it looked like it just needed the cable and wires inserting. It was going in for conversion anyway, so they connected the electrics up. Sorry I can’t help more. have you watched the video on you tube?
Ahh ok no worries, we are attempting to fit it ourselves but it's proving very difficult. If we could go back in time I would ask someone to fit it too. We are in too deep to get someone to do it now

Hi there sorry bit late to this ! Did you fit it ?? We are looking to getting one installed but worried if after a while the flap might loosen and the closing mechanism works properly - how have you found it ?

Hi there sorry bit late to this ! Did you fit it ?? We are looking to getting one installed but worried if after a while the flap might loosen and the closing mechanism works properly - how have you found it ?
Hi,
yes, I did it myself, but it was a nightmare. I had to take way more plastic out of the grill than the video showed (in fairness, the video is for a T6 and mine is a T6.1 and I was using a replacement gloss black grill. But, got it done in the end and it works perfectly. Sometimes a bit tricky to open/close with the pressing, but not a problem. All I can say is, get it done by someone else, so if there are issues it is their problem. I wish I had! Good luck

Hi,
yes, I did it myself, but it was a nightmare. I had to take way more plastic out of the grill than the video showed (in fairness, the video is for a T6 and mine is a T6.1 and I was using a replacement gloss black grill. But, got it done in the end and it works perfectly. Sometimes a bit tricky to open/close with the pressing, but not a problem. All I can say is, get it done by someone else, so if there are issues it is their problem. I wish I had! Good luck
Great yes we have a T6.1 and oh my god we will be getting someone to do it - you’re brave lol ! we want to change the grill to black gloss too so may as well give them that to fit at same time ! So it is worth the hassle then … as we don’t want to be drilling more holes into the van we gotta do that yet for the awning rail … eugh awning decisions ….it never ends #moneypit ! Thanks

Back