Travelin-Lite gloss-black grille fitting [Guide]

I have the same. Radar and parking sensors I explored getting all the black done gloss and the chrome sections tinted. Would it last?

Spray shops have some good products they put on black plastics when painting and from what I’ve seen and from mine are lasting well.

I’ve just checked in with the body shop and mine is still in primer currently!

You need to get from VW. There are no aftermarket options that are gloss black. I have been looking myself, and couldnt find anything apart from buying without the holes and drilling them.

Sorry, same question :)
Did you find the number for grills with DRL and PDC holes? If so could you please share, thx
VW don’t do them with sensor holes you have to add them yourself but don’t think VW will supply them separately only as part of the DRL kit

VW don’t do them with sensor holes you have to add them yourself but don’t think VW will supply them separately only as part of the DRL kit
That might be why I can’t find them! I’m not bothered by the PDC holes or the gloss black just want some Genuine VW that will take the drls really before I go cutting my old ones

Looking to switch out my grilles and fog light surrounds to gloss black but from what I've seen, you cant uy the lower grille with parking sensor holes already there?

Has anyone managed to find some or is it the norm to just drill the hole for the sensors?
If thats the case, is it best to just get the current matt black one sprayed?

Travelin-Lite have said that you just drill a hole but surely that will eventually just lead to the coating chipping away?

They are available from VW with or without sensor cutouts, if you buy them with the cutouts then the sensor mount is already attached to the rear ready to click the sensor in
Aftermarket units that are painted generally seem to only come with holes, not the end of the world but if you examine your current ones you will see it’s not a circular hole so not straight forward cutting them out if you buy pre painted

They are available from VW with or without sensor cutouts, if you buy them with the cutouts then the sensor mount is already attached to the rear ready to click the sensor in
Aftermarket units that are painted generally seem to only come with holes, not the end of the world but if you examine your current ones you will see it’s not a circular hole so not straight forward cutting them out if you buy pre painted
VW sell the Grilles Gloss black?

Thanks for the reply. I am toying with just getting the current ones painted, but that would mean id then have some painted orts and some gloss black plastic parts. It works out more expensive too

I am looking to change the grilles on my high line t6 to gloss black ones
Any recommendations on where to go for best fit and quality.

Get your originals resprayed or buy some more to spray up. I have travelinlite and THQ and vanstyle gloss black bits and definitely not as good as originals

I was told by a local bodyshop that they wouldn't paint the grills as its texturised plastic it won't last?

Back