T6.1 Direct Tpms, Two Sets Of Wheels

Hi thanks for your reply, I’ve tried with LV. Only solution they can offer is to switch the system off. But that’s not legal as far as I can tell. Disappointing given I was clear from the start that I needed TPMS. Thanks, I’ll speak to Toby.

Has anyone got a photo or part number of the tyre sensor for the 6.1?
Just the monitor in the tyre.

Hello All.
Just the thread I needed.
Today I picked up my T6.1 with a nice new set of wheels, switching from the standard to the 19" Wolfrace.
Same thing with me on the way home, the tyre pressure sensor came on.

So I guess that means I need to switch out the tyre pressue sensors from my old wheels into these wheels.
Maybe a silly question, but are they fitted to the inside of the tyre?

Thanks

Hello All.
Just the thread I needed.
Today I picked up my T6.1 with a nice new set of wheels, switching from the standard to the 19" Wolfrace.
Same thing with me on the way home, the tyre pressure sensor came on.

So I guess that means I need to switch out the tyre pressue sensors from my old wheels into these wheels.
Maybe a silly question, but are they fitted to the inside of the tyre?

Thanks
They are part of the valve.
6BF50A73-5077-4E6A-BFDC-EDFEBAFB6467.jpeg

Does anybody know if it's possible to set lower tire pressures for the direct TPMS system? I'm running 245/65/17 BFGs and Ideally would like to run them at 45-50PSI and still use the direct TPMS but I can't see a way to set the tire pressure on the TPMS system.

Have you got TPMS menu entry in settings of your instrument cluster or infotainment unit?

Reactions: mmi
Does anybody know if it's possible to set lower tire pressures for the direct TPMS system? I'm running 245/65/17 BFGs and Ideally would like to run them at 45-50PSI and still use the direct TPMS but I can't see a way to set the tire pressure on the TPMS system.
@W00dy101 I had a route around on my 6.1 and they look set to the standard manufactures tyres sizes and pressures. Maybe additional tyre specs can be added using VCDS. I think @Deaky added them on his T6 when he retrofitted direct TPMS ??

Is there an MOT consideration? I don’t have TPMS valves fitted

General rule is as follows.
If the tester can see any yellow or red warning light in your IC than it is a fail.

Reactions: mmi
So, as promised, an update. As I had the T6.1 option of TPMS I ended up with sensors fitted in my Clayton alloys. I changed the wheels for 18" with normal valves. The warning light illuminated and there was no way to reset or disable. I have today had the sensors taken out of the Claytons and fitted to the 18's ( each sensor in no particular order). After driving a short distance the pressures in each tyre are now detected and the warning light has gone off. Simple answer once you know but I hope this helps anyone with similar issues.
Having this same issue so I guess I need to get the sensors swapped over from my Devonports to my new wheels as I have this issues after fitting 20s.

B2029B41-64E8-49BC-99B9-104988759C30.jpeg

Back