Am I being thick or are these two caps made for different wheels:

image.jpg

The flatter cap (without the chrome surround, on the right) fits my Sportline wheels whereas the domed cap doesn’t, and feels like the tabs will snap if forced:

Domed:
B5D5EF17-DE4C-437C-8B01-9F8C4ADDD7DD.jpeg

Flat:
DBD8B90C-E64B-4094-AC5F-4F5BA2CCB6CC.jpeg

The centre bore on the wheels measures 53.7mm. They’re the gloss black T6 wheels with a silver rim:
06D1D859-61A8-4203-8FC7-99AE443BC58D.jpeg

Is there a difference in Sportline cap sizes?

Could it be that one is for the T5 Sportline wheel, whilst the other is for the T5.1?
Yes - I did wonder this initially, but Google didn’t answer.. A bit more googling reveals that these fit the model pictured by @Skimech and not T6 Sportline wheels.

Hi,

Could someone confirm that the original T5 Sportline wheels will fit on an T6 using the T6 wheel nuts, it by sound daft but I was unsure if the wheel bolts have changed in models plus I am assuming the wheels will fit.
With all the choice of wheels I decided to go mid school sportline ,not sure if I will gloss or satin black on my team Bamboo green machine.

D173ED89-8BC0-44E7-9863-44E255D04E46.png

They go on, but if you have the bigger front callipers they need spacers I have been told, nice looking wheel my favourite SL rim. As far as I am aware the T5/6 wheel bots not nuts are the same.

Yes they will fit using the original bolts but you’ll have to fit 5mm spacers you clear the callipers

Thanks all, I found a company who will supply the originals, I loved these on my T5 when I had it.

I don’t have longer bolts on mine

Thinking of swapping out the devonports for some T5 or T5.1 sportline wheels.
Thinking of going for a slightly oversized/chunky tyre, maybe an all season type in something like 235/55 r18.

Who's running the older sportline wheels and what spacers are you using?
Currently got a 30mm on the rear, I'm assuming this would be too much with the bigger wheel/tyre combination?

Would clearance be an issue if lowered much?

Pics appreciated.

Cheers.

T5’s for me with 5mm spacers all round.
8FA8B267-2004-4841-8C2A-FE9BE7AE2EEC.jpeg 597998AD-91E6-4943-BBB8-E689F69121D2.jpeg 13E2E6B1-48F4-43F7-A053-3C9A58FD59F8.jpeg

Cheers @Deaky
What tyre sizes you running and how low?
Is the 5mm to clear brakes iirc? They fit ok with smaller brakes (mines got the smaller brakes)?

255/45 tyres. It’s on Bilsteins but I don’t know how far they’re wound down. The callipers on the back are small but I still had to fit the spacer.

Thanks.
So spacers definitely req'd, I'll just need to decide how wide (if going T5).
You had to go after market bolts too? Looks good btw :thumbsup:

Thanks.
So spacers definitely req'd, I'll just need to decide how wide (if going T5).
You had to go after market bolts too? Looks good btw :thumbsup:
No I used the original bolts.

I’m pulling my hair out here. Really want a set of these as they are my favourite, by far. Can’t find them for a sensible price anywhere, other than the odd second hand pair showing up the other end of the country. I’ve tried searching on here but only posts that are 5/6 years old seem to have any info. I've tried VW main dealers (who can get these, but for £1200! Last resort) and also TPS who no longer get them. Anyone found them anywhere else, or have a set for sale? I want a set in Matte Black ideally.

Cheers

B9321FDD-1003-47E7-BB8B-890E7712C248.jpeg

Back