T32 supplied with 102 tyres.. dealer says fine but VW HQ say otherwise..

So the episode continue, has the tires fitted Friday and yesterday went for good drive and I could feel it’s not 100% how it should be. I went today for independent vehicle alignment report and what a surprise it’s out all around!!!! I really can’t believe how useless is the VW in Ashford! How difficult it’s to do jobs properly!?! I got enough now and made official complain to VW head office. Giving them one more chance to make it right if not I will return the vehicle as still have 15 days and go somewhere else to spend our money.

View attachment 90235
Sounds like it is time to go “weapons hot” with these guys.
Unfortunately, with the market as it is, if you threw the van back at them they could probably move it on with little pain. The “new” lockdown might impact that however.
My advice would be to be prepared to walk away if you raise the prospect!
We did it once...I had to chew my cheek to not smile at the look on the salesman’s face when we just said “Ok”, got up and walked out! (Oh, I got so much ear-ache for the drive home...!)

That’s true my wife will give me ear ache if I drop the van back and walk out but it will feel good, let’s hope they will get the act together now and we can finally enjoy the van till the next episode :mexican wave:

That’s true my wife will give me ear ache if I drop the van back and walk out but it will feel good, let’s hope they will get the act together now and we can finally enjoy the van till the next episode :mexican wave:
Look on the bright side: there’s a bunch of folk on here who can draw upon their experience to advise you. Just ask! That’s the real value of this forum...there is someone who can help not far away!

So the episode continue, has the tires fitted Friday and yesterday went for good drive and I could feel it’s not 100% how it should be. I went today for independent vehicle alignment report and what a surprise it’s out all around!!!! I really can’t believe how useless is the VW in Ashford! How difficult it’s to do jobs properly!?! I got enough now and made official complain to VW head office. Giving them one more chance to make it right if not I will return the vehicle as still have 15 days and go somewhere else to spend our money.

View attachment 90235
VW ASHFORD ::::: what a shower of S--T I took my wife Golf R in for a potential suspension problem only 8 months old. " technician's took it for a test drive on return there diagnoses was they could hear a trim rattling in the rear of the car. Apparently they would have the car back in to sort that problem, that would take 2 days !! Then they could get onto the suspension problem. Then they proceeded to tell me that they could not let me have a curtesy car and would have to wait. but could not tell me how long I would have to wait for them to contact me to have the car back in.

While still waiting for VW ASHFORD I booked the car in for its first service into VW CANTERBURY, they said they would diagnoses the problem with the suspension at the same time.
They carried out the service and replaced the N/S/ shock and top mount as apparently they were defective. They kept me informed all way through, gave me a courtesy car and all carried out and returned within the 2 days they told me..
VW Canterbury Absolutely fantastic service. Credit where its due I called and spoke with the manager their and told him how happy I was with the service.
Oh and yes I am still waiting for VW Ashford to get back to me to sort the problem.
Rant over sorry.

VW ASHFORD ::::: what a shower of S--T I took my wife Golf R in for a potential suspension problem only 8 months old. " technician's took it for a test drive on return there diagnoses was they could hear a trim rattling in the rear of the car. Apparently they would have the car back in to sort that problem, that would take 2 days !! Then they could get onto the suspension problem. Then they proceeded to tell me that they could not let me have a curtesy car and would have to wait. but could not tell me how long I would have to wait for them to contact me to have the car back in.

While still waiting for VW ASHFORD I booked the car in for its first service into VW CANTERBURY, they said they would diagnoses the problem with the suspension at the same time.
They carried out the service and replaced the N/S/ shock and top mount as apparently they were defective. They kept me informed all way through, gave me a courtesy car and all carried out and returned within the 2 days they told me..
VW Canterbury Absolutely fantastic service. Credit where its due I called and spoke with the manager their and told him how happy I was with the service.
Oh and yes I am still waiting for VW Ashford to get back to me to sort the problem.
Rant over sorry.
Chalk and cheese experiences! Now, let me guess where you might take other work and your future business...? Let your wallet do the talking!

I know Canterbury VW is much better but unfortunately commercial VW is now only in Ashford, once out of the warranty I won’t put a foot in!

I know Canterbury VW is much better but unfortunately commercial VW is now only in Ashford, once out of the warranty I won’t put a foot in!

HI Have you looked in to CVS Canterbury its now part of the Broadoak group and I have had warranty work carried out there before on my Kombi.
its worth a call.

I used to took work vans to CVS Canterbury but I was thinking they not part of VW anymore. I will have to give them call! Thanks

Ok latest update from VW head office. The Ashford VW has to do tomorrow free wheels alignment and fill up my tank for wasting my time. Also I have enquired how come my van is set up on 10000 miles / 1 year service plan. VW head office confirmed that’s incorrect, it should be 20000 miles/ 2 years so the dealer must change that tomorrow as well. Well l hope that’s the last visit for now.

Well I think they are wrong.. I phoned up cordwallis when I was ordering my t32 and enquired about the supermetal trident that VW are supplying as an offical accesory and was told that they are not for a t32... only up to t30... yuo can find it in the new accessories brochure for the t6.1.. you'll need 265/40/20 ( or 265/45/20.. its on this forum )... get the garage to stick som eon for you free of charge.
This is correct. I had the same from my dealer. VW only supply a 275/35/20 tyre as this is the same rolling radius as the spare.

Would these be any good for a T5.1 T32 kombi
20" Inovit Turbine Black Satin wheels/ tyres. (Staggered)

Fronts- 255/35/R20 (20x9j)

Rear - 275/35/R20 (20x 10.5j)

Thanks
John

Thanks
John
Not on a T32, the load rating isn’t high enough for T32. Max you’ll get on 275/35 is 102 and you need 103.

Sorry I’m being a donut and clearly half asleep zzzz . Didn’t read the thread title. Only the wheel size. Now deleted my comments . As above from Chris needs to be a 103

I would run a 265/40 all round for that size.

Thanks
John

Actually, thinking more about this, the wheels aren't load rated either. The turbine from Inovit is only 735kg, which isn't suitable for any transporters.

Back