T32 supplied with 102 tyres.. dealer says fine but VW HQ say otherwise..

That's great news, and a fantastic tyre they have offered for you - This is our recommend - They last well, nice and quiet and work well in the wet

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning to all, finally had the VW dealer to call me to come over for new tires the tires are
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3
265/40 R20 Y (104)

I’m happy
It’s a good job you did listen to what was advised “here on the forum” in the end
I suggest anyone who is really unsure to go and ask in different garages, than just read what is here on the forum!

let us know the size before they put them on. Ideally you're after a 265/40 for a T32 on 20s. They are readily available in 104 load rating. The fact the dealer is saying they're getting 107 makes me think they're going for an unnecessarily large size tyre, but it would be interesting to know.
Good advice Chris...strikes me that the dealer is now being obtuse. There is no need to go up to a 107 rating but it will will degrade the ride.

I wonder if Wayne’s surname should have been “Kerr”...!!!

It’s not the mot I’d be worried about, so long as you have one. It’s your insurance company that will void your policy if you have incorrectly rated tyres should you have an accident and the ratings are noted.

I’ve been through this whole process from start to finish when a cowboy van converter (*essex Vans) fitted 102’s to my T32, I had emails from my insurance company and Dunlop Tyres specifically stating that load ratings must be strictly adhered to.
Top advice...you might get past an MOtT or roadside check but you won’t get past a loss adjuster looking for an escape route!

I have some ex colleagues that worked there. Some of them fully sympathised with the name!!!

We have a company in Bognor called Wayne Kerr Electronics o_O
You might not believe this, but many people who have worked for a certain Helicopter manufacturer know it to be true.... there was a chap there called Wayne Anker. That is the correct spelling of his surname, how could his parents have done that to him?

Last edited:
One other thing I would check and I don’t think it’s been said above. Also check load rating of wheels, these look pretty beefy. I see lots of vans on various forums and Facebook using wheels that I know are not load rated for most vans especially above t28’s.

I have checked the Trident wheels they are rated to 930kg they good, but you’re right many wheels are rated low for T28 or maximum T30.

So the episode continue, has the tires fitted Friday and yesterday went for good drive and I could feel it’s not 100% how it should be. I went today for independent vehicle alignment report and what a surprise it’s out all around!!!! I really can’t believe how useless is the VW in Ashford! How difficult it’s to do jobs properly!?! I got enough now and made official complain to VW head office. Giving them one more chance to make it right if not I will return the vehicle as still have 15 days and go somewhere else to spend our money.

1281B629-7A22-4730-81C5-40B28A853E79.jpeg

Back