Sync My Samsung J3 To The Infotainment Unit In The Van

T D Price

Hi can anyone help? I have a 17 plate t6 with the infotainment system with mobile phone interface. I am trying to pair my Samsung j3 phone to the system but so far they don't seem to be compatable.
Has anyone had this experience?

Hi can anyone help? I have a 17 plate t6 with the infotainment system with mobile phone interface. I am trying to pair my Samsung j3 phone to the system but so far they don't seem to be compatable.
Has anyone had this experience?
I'm assuming Bluetooth pairing. Did you check your phone's Bluetooth is "visible" to other devices (at Settings-Connections-Bluetooth)? After pairing it can be turned back to "invisible" again.

Last edited:
The phone is identifìed by the infotainment unit but doesn't pair. The gùy at citygate paired his iPhone so I guess it's not the van. What would I need to check?

Mine was saying “Unavailable” at first. Then it just magically started working when I pulled the key out and put it back in again. I’m assuming you’ve tried restarting everything?

The phone is identifìed by the infotainment unit but doesn't pair. The gùy at citygate paired his iPhone so I guess it's not the van. What would I need to check?
Strange. When you start pairing, did you get a PIN proposal on your Infotainment unit AND on the phone? Accepted PIN/pairing on the phone? You allowed the van to access your contacts, phone log, messages, etc. on the phone?

It identified the phone and tried to pair to it but the phone didn't identify the radio. At no time did either unit display a pin/ pairing code.

It identified the phone and tried to pair to it but the phone didn't identify the radio. At no time did either unit display a pin/ pairing code.
Seems that the basic steps are correct and this has now turned to a challenge :speechless:.

Usually when everything works it is just a matter of seconds to have a working connection. Specifically I have not had tried a Samsung J3, but quite a few neighboring models, e.g.S3, A3, A5, etc. and have been lucky without any issues woth all of them. So I have got impression of pretty much trouble free connection.

Google will certainly bring forth a lot of by searching “samsung j3 bluetooth pairing problem” but just regular stuff: check updates for your phone, reset settings, reset phone, etc. Yes, a bit frustrating at this point…:(

Back