Infotainment issues - Primary user & Android Auto

Is it worth trying a reset on the infotainment system?

When you got the vehicle was the primary user cleared, or are you trying to replace a primary user that isn't someone you not sure if the primary
Yes exactly this. Make sure green light is on the SOS panel above head first which will confirm there is a connection from the unit itself.

That was my original issue that was identified with this post.

I have been in contact with VW online and after a few failed attempts they escalated the problem. After a couple of days they have said they have a solution and it has to go to the local dealer who will be sent instructions directly on how to fix the issue. I'll find out what they do and post it here.
I think the main issue is no globe symbol therefore no Internet connection.

I have been in contact with VW online and after a few failed attempts they escalated the problem. After a couple of days they have said they have a solution and it has to go to the local dealer who will be sent instructions directly on how to fix the issue. I'll find out what they do and post it here.
I think the main issue is no globe symbol therefore no Internet connection.
Hi

Have you had any joy with this please? I have similar issue and think the modem has stopped working, sos light is green but no satnav or database and a dynamic road sign fault so it only reads street signs, and can’t change profile that has always been guest

Hi

Have you had any joy with this please? I have similar issue and think the modem has stopped working, sos light is green but no satnav or database and a dynamic road sign fault so it only reads street signs, and can’t change profile that has always been guest
Hi Steve,

Not yet it is going in on 17th April, I'm not holding my breath but apparently vw have sent the solution which I believe to be a software update. I'll report back when It's done.

Hi Steve,

Not yet it is going in on 17th April, I'm not holding my breath but apparently vw have sent the solution which I believe to be a software update. I'll report back when It's done.
Great thanks, mine just suddenly stopped so think it’s hardware but apparently the units do update in the back ground so hopefully mines software as I’m out of warranty

Great thanks, mine just suddenly stopped so think it’s hardware but apparently the units do update in the back ground so hopefully mines software as I’m out of warranty
Luckily I'm still in warranty, I've a green sos light. Sat nav seams okay, I'll post on 18th either way, so you know what's what.

@Steve Hemming if you have odd ECU behaviour it might be worth doing the battery disconnect and drain to make everything restart. It can be a bit concerning until everything settles back down but it can cure some faults when things get into a strange state.

@Steve Hemming if you have odd ECU behaviour it might be worth doing the battery disconnect and drain to make everything restart. It can be a bit concerning until everything settles back down but it can cure some faults when things get into a strange state.
Thanks roadtripper, I was considering this, might give it a go tomorrow

Luckily I'm still in warranty, I've a green sos light. Sat nav seams okay, I'll post on 18th either way, so you know what's what.
Hi Carter333

How did you get on? I dropped the battery on mine for 15 mins and the globe goes white again now but still same problems, I’ve been told to go to main dealer also now.

Back