Deleting old stored phones that have been paired to the van

jackieToo

Hi, does anyone know how to delete the old paired phones on my mobile phone interface?
I currently have about 8-10 old phones that have been paired (all bar mine are from the previous owner)
I tried to delete them but got stuck when the system asked to connect to that phone to confirm the deletion!
I have had no luck reading the manual.
Would it be better to just do a factory reset or is that too drastic and would delete more than I want?
Thanks for any help

I always do a factory reset on any motor i get/am in as you dont know what settings etc have been changed and i always want to start from the baseline the manufacturer intended

Me too, I remember deleting the offending phones, potentially illegally, driving back from collecting our van oop North last year!

What head unit? Don't recall any trouble doing this when I bought my van last year.
It's a `composition media, discover media (PQ VWN) Infotainment system. navigation system, mobile phone interface on a 2017 T6 Highline. If that helps

I always do a factory reset on any motor i get/am in as you dont know what settings etc have been changed and i always want to start from the baseline the manufacturer intended
Do you know if the reset will affect all vehicle settings or just the stored profiles and paired devices? sorry I'm not techy!

It's a `composition media, discover media (PQ VWN) Infotainment system. navigation system, mobile phone interface on a 2017 T6 Highline. If that helps
Hmmm. That's more posh than the head unit I have. But it must be possible to delete without the device. What happens otherwise if say your phone is broken or lost?

Hmmm. That's more posh than the head unit I have. But it must be possible to delete without the device. What happens otherwise if say your phone is broken or lost?
Ha, but maybe too clever for its own good. It's just the standard that comes with a Highline afaik. I will try again tomorrow and see if I still can't do it.

I still have to do a factory reset every six weeks because of the CarPlay crackle

Hi, Just thought....Is your own phone paired to the stereo when you try to delete the old phones?
I deleted the old ones on mine and it didn't say anything about confirming with them.
I'm guessing the stereo doesn't know which one you want to use??

Thanks guys for all the replies. Been in the van today and started going through the menu and I came to the Bluetooth setting, there was the 'manage connected devices'!!! the list came up of old devices that had been paired including my own, I was able to delete with just a select and delete click, can't believe it was so simple, I must have been in a different part of the menu when I last tried to delete them the first time.
Thanks again

Back