Switched live and permanent live feed for universal caravan tow bar wiring from fuse box

Flatcap46

Hi im just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to get a live and a switched live feed from the interal fuse box for caravan 13 pin electrics. I currently have the bypass relay spiced into my wiring and to upgrade to the 13pin electrics i need a live and a switched live if anyone has any suggestions? I would of preferred dedicated wiring but the splicing has already been done. Any help is appreciated thank you. My van is a 2014 factory kombi 140. Cheers

If you have a bypass relay then that will already have a heavy duty 12v feed to do it's job?

Are you a single battery or starter and auxiliary battery van?

Post some pics of what you've got already?

There are several internal fuse boxes but the only one with an ignition switched live is generally the one in the dash.

If you have a bypass relay then that will already have a heavy duty 12v feed to do it's job?

Are you a single battery or starter and auxiliary battery van?

Post some pics of what you've got already?

There are several internal fuse boxes but the only one with an ignition switched live is generally the one in the das

Thanks for your reply, im a bit dubious about the 12v feed that powers the current 7 pin by pass as i cant find where it is fed from i suspect just the rear interior lights or similar. Im hoping to pick up two permanent lives from under the pass seat one for the bypass relay and one for the caravan charging relay both at 15amp each just wondering if anyone knows if they will be ok with 15a each. I've found the switched live at fuse 19 in the dash board. Just on single battery. Cheers

If you take out VIP Membership then you will have access to the wiring diagrams in the download section.

It may be that it's not a bypass that you have fitted but the older design universal wiring kit that takes power direct from the lights?

If you take a few pictures of what you have will help folks advise - given the number of model variations and options there can be quite a variety of existing wiring.

In particular check carefully in the passenger seat base to see if you have a heavy guage feed - sometimes the feed for the OE trailer option is there but taped up to the loom somewhere:

Back