T6.1 OEM Towing Socket behaviour

Thanks, that's really useful and tempting.

Also seeing it described as "Charging" and not "Fridge" (which it is in many trailer socket wiring diagrams) it makes much more sense why it's this feed that moves source when you have an auxiliary battery.

Reactions: mmi
@roadtripper and @mmi

I have been fiddling about today with attempting to get the pin 10 ignition live to work.

To clarify I have:-
  • OEM towbar & 13 pin electrics
  • VCDS (& have made the adjustment to pin 10 active)
  • a requirement for ignition live under passenger seat
My question is, which is pin 10 of the 13 pin trailer electrics in the bundles of connectors below the seat! I will have to 'splice' into the cable I assume or does it have its own fuse holder bank which I can piggyback off?

Look forward to your replies!

(If there is a pinout diagram or guide somewhere for OEM T6.1 towbar electrics underseat then point me in the right direction please!)

Reactions: mmi
@roadtripper and @mmi

I have been fiddling about today with attempting to get the pin 10 ignition live to work.

To clarify I have:-
  • OEM towbar & 13 pin electrics
  • VCDS (& have made the adjustment to pin 10 active)
  • a requirement for ignition live under passenger seat
My question is, which is pin 10 of the 13 pin trailer electrics in the bundles of connectors below the seat! I will have to 'splice' into the cable I assume or does it have its own fuse holder bank which I can piggyback off?

Look forward to your replies!

(If there is a pinout diagram or guide somewhere for OEM T6.1 towbar electrics underseat then point me in the right direction please!)
Further to the above, if @roadtripper 's comments HERE regarding SH5 being switched live when trailer detected, is there an option to turn that fuse (SH5) to switched live irrespective of trailer detection with VCDS?

Answers on a postcard please!

Sincere thank yous @MK2Golf24v

I have tested this and IT WORKS!!!!!

Amendment of the behaviour of pin10 using VCDS to 'active' (bit 01) has proven that the 30 amp (YES 30 amp!) supply in J345 under the passenger seat is indeed now ignition live (I think in reality it might be engine running live from my initial observations)

But hey ho! I have have OEM(ish) ignition live under the passenger seat - the elusive!

1694940830999.png

20240321_152418 - Copy.jpg

So does this confirm the coding is the same on the T6 and T6.1 trailer module?
My bits actually only had 3 options:-
  • 00 NOT active
  • 01 active
  • 02 active while Trailer connected
Which if you look at it is pretty much the same as the T6 screenshot above, but with the removal of the 01 old/new options

So I guess it's just a VCDS software tidy up between the screenshot above and my version of VCDS - or some kind of difference between T6 & T6.1 ???

Back