I was running 225/55/17 Goodyear EfficienctGrip Cargo with the Solow's. I've since switched to the BMVS Edition bilstein coilovers and now run Falken Wildpeak 235/65/17. The Solow set up was fine for general driving but too low for the muddy lanes and fields which my new hobbies now involve.
Did you run the 235/65/75 on the Solow setup successfully?

No, I swapped everything over at the same time.
It may be possibly on different wheels. The offset and width of the Zephyrs creates a bit more poke than standard VW wheels. The rears would be less of an issue but the front would be tight.

Last edited:
I was running 225/55/17 Goodyear EfficienctGrip Cargo with the Solow's. I've since switched to the BMVS Edition bilstein coilovers and now run Falken Wildpeak 235/65/17. The Solow set up was fine for general driving but too low for the muddy lanes and fields which my new hobbies now involve.
Have you got any pictures of your van on its new setup @The Bear78 ?

I always liked your van on the SoLows, but I appreciate the need for a more practical change. :thumbsup:

No, I swapped everything over at the same time.
It may be possibly on different wheels. The offset and width of the Zephyrs creates a bit more poke than standard VW wheels. The rears would be less of an issue but the front would be tight.
Yeah I think I’ll stick with a tyre which has a similar height to my current 275/35/20 profile tyres. Thanks for your input..

None.
I've not had it loaded up particularly, maybe 300 - 400kg, but the suspension has definitely been exercised on some bumpy tracks!

Back