Had mine done at THQ, Twin-Adjust-Projekt Sensitiv PLUS Komfort Coilover Kit, lowered 40mm, H&R ARB's, 17" Navis MAC-AT wheels, Falken Wildpeak A/T AT3WA 235/65/17 tyres, massive difference, sure footed, more direct and drives like a car, best thing I've ever done View attachment 138893View attachment 138894View attachment 1388952 x
I love these wheels but prefer the bronze, what engine power is your van? did you find the extra diameter made the gear selection any different?

Hi richwill

Engine is 102bhp, not really noticed any difference in gear selection, runs about 2-3mph over the speedo I reckon so just do a bit under at speed cameras

I personally think you have to be careful with this look, or it ends up looking like a mild drop on too smaller wheels and too bigger profiles, but on your 6.1 it works fantastically because the colour combo works perfectly and everything is perfectly symmetrical.

The Transporter HQ Ascot Grey on these wheels with BFGs aired out looked awesome, but I bet it's easy to get the look wrong and end up with a frankenstein cross between Swamper and Lows that looks weird or just plain daft.
wish me luck

It's a definite hell yeah
Maybe need to update on this. One-off the arch trims came off after a month or so. The amount of crap hiding under there was a lot despite me cleaning the van a lot.
I took them all off and all were the same so anyone with arch trims I'd say double check as that could easily just sit and rot them away.
I've since gone back to 20's and I do notice more feel when driving. No denying this look and great for crappy roads but for how I drive mine I prefer it with less of a sidewall.

Maybe need to update on this. One-off the arch trims came off after a month or so. The amount of crap hiding under there was a lot despite me cleaning the van a lot.
I took them all off and all were the same so anyone with arch trims I'd say double check as that could easily just sit and rot them away.
I've since gone back to 20's and I do notice more feel when driving. No denying this look and great for crappy roads but for how I drive mine I prefer it with less of a sidewall.
What tyres were you riding ???

I had vossen VFS1s 265/45s and the stone chips up the side was not healthy … sitting on banded 255/45s now… far better but looking at 225/55 of 235/55 with 17s

Considering rejoining the SwamperLow movement. Currently on 245/45/19s and lowered on STX coilovers wound right down and rear adjuster deletes…

2A77FA21-EE1C-49DF-8C72-4CD722227E23.jpeg

This was my previous van at one point….

DSCF0446-Edit-2.jpeg

I really didn’t like the BFGs - they made too much noise.

Getting more and more fed up with the state of our roads so gaining some additional sidewall seems sensible, although would probably go for more of an all season tyre.

Top of list so far are 17” Fuel Coverts in bronze.

Not sure where I saw this photo but I like these wheels too….

IMG_2431.jpeg

Navis Gelida in Matt anthracite (which is a lot darker than advertised on web images) very similar in shade to indium grey on the van in person.

What tyres are you running? Size ?
I was running 225/55/17 Goodyear EfficienctGrip Cargo with the Solow's. I've since switched to the BMVS Edition bilstein coilovers and now run Falken Wildpeak 235/65/17. The Solow set up was fine for general driving but too low for the muddy lanes and fields which my new hobbies now involve.

Back