My favourite wheel at the moment. I'm toying with the idea of running them in an 18" but unsure if the look would work.

I personally think you have to be careful with this look, or it ends up looking like a mild drop on too smaller wheels and too bigger profiles, but on your 6.1 it works fantastically because the colour combo works perfectly and everything is perfectly symmetrical.

The Transporter HQ Ascot Grey on these wheels with BFGs aired out looked awesome, but I bet it's easy to get the look wrong and end up with a frankenstein cross between Swamper and Lows that looks weird or just plain daft.

Looks great. Are the wheels from THQ? I note they are currently out of stock but do have 18s available. What suspension set-up are you running please.
There 17s and originally from THQ, and I'm running solow suspension

I personally think you have to be careful with this look, or it ends up looking like a mild drop on too smaller wheels and too bigger profiles, but on your 6.1 it works fantastically because the colour combo works perfectly and everything is perfectly symmetrical.

The Transporter HQ Ascot Grey on these wheels with BFGs aired out looked awesome, but I bet it's easy to get the look wrong and end up with a frankenstein cross between Swamper and Lows that looks weird or just plain daft.
I understand exactly what mean, but I think it’s safe to say that any Low between 80mm and 100mm should work well and look well at that? These wheels looked great on @CarpyT6 van and they look great on @T6180 van too.

As a practical and comfortable option, without compromising on losing the Low’s, I love this look!:inlove:

.... shouldn’t Swampers go hand in hand with hiking up the suspension too ?
I’m mid flow converting right now, and Im considering the off road aspect to open more gates, any advice would be welcome ...

For a swamper to use off road, surely going up is the way to go for more ground clearance unless I'm missing something. IMHO.

For a swamper to use off road, surely going up is the way to go for more ground clearance unless I'm missing something. IMHO.
True enough but if it's lowered and running street tyres is it still swamper?

A full on ‘Swamper’ yes would have a lift kit and huge ground clearance to use off road, but as far as I can tell, this is just some good old boy’s mixing things up and using some very attractive ‘off road’ wheels with normal road tyres and the stunning looks that only a Low can achieve.... hence ‘SwamperLow’! I personally think it looks great! :inlove:

A full on ‘Swamper’ yes would have a lift kit and huge ground clearance to use off road, but as far as I can tell, this is just some good old boy’s mixing things up and using some very attractive ‘off road’ wheels with normal road tyres and the stunning looks that only a Low can achieve.... hence ‘SwamperLow’! I personally think it looks great! :inlove:
Fair enough

I need to gain ground clearance ... any advice of what size wheels and tyres would give me this without replacing shocks and not rubbing my arches .. ?

I need to gain ground clearance ... any advice of what size wheels and tyres would give me this without replacing shocks and not rubbing my arches .. ?
What you're asking is definitely doable, but beware.
Obviously as you increase the outer diameter of the tyre, i.e the tread surface, you increase the ground clearance, BUT, it also means that your gearing is affected. So the ratios calculated by VW over many miles of evaluation, to be the most effective, are changed which may make your T6 less driveable and impact on acceleration.
I changed my set up (for other reasons) and my gearing is increased by 3.9% over how it came out of the factory and also gave me 11 mm more ground clearance. Some people have opted for much larger increases by using bigger wheels and larger aspect ratio tyres but I personally wouldn't go any higher than 5% as it would make the gearing too tall for my preference. Be aware that your speedo will also under read.
Try a few calculations using this website:
The short answer is, using bigger wheels and tyres alone is not the answer if you want significantly more ground clearance, in my opinion.

Snap

Attachments

• 71CBB338-15F1-4546-B3F4-B4155DE705BD.jpeg
    71CBB338-15F1-4546-B3F4-B4155DE705BD.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 437
  • F07F81CD-4BFA-4D4B-A49F-4022B3B4AFAE.jpeg
    F07F81CD-4BFA-4D4B-A49F-4022B3B4AFAE.jpeg
    196 KB · Views: 420
  • E07A6C25-660C-4221-8C42-760ABCEE6CF9.jpeg
    E07A6C25-660C-4221-8C42-760ABCEE6CF9.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 416
This is going lower next week and rear wheel spacers. It’s a great look and one we are doing more and more. We have a set of these wheels in stock if anyone is after them.

This is going lower next week and rear wheel spacers. It’s a great look and one we are doing more and more. We have a set of these wheels in stock if anyone is after them.
I've got 5mm spacers on the rear and it looks spot on

Back