It is interesting, I spent my younger years driving armoured vehicles and landrovers, properly offroad... The most I'll do now is drive off a track to park on grass in camp sites or sailing clubs, but I do it all year round and as anyone who offroads knows tyres are the most important bit (not 4wd or suspension). So for me a set of all terrain tyres means I won't get stuck at a sailing event on a sunday night when I want to go home, or trash a grass pitch trying to get on and off. Ground clearance is not a concern, on Monday morning when I need to park in an airport car park for work being able to get under a 2m barrier is....

Some people make the lowered swamper change for the look, some with good technical reason. However I think in the two years on this site I haven't seen many people who actaully take their vehicles off road and I include myself in that statement (gravel tracks don't really count).

There's no right or wrong answer as with most things, it's down to what each person wants or needs.

I'm with @A Bridge Too Far on this and my only reason for going for AT or All season tyres is for wet grass - my van with Devonports and the original Conti tyres has trouble getting over grass where a dog has taken a recent pee!

Yeh, I know its a Ford but this is the local detailers offeringE1DFDFFF-265E-46BC-8AC3-5116F09E9FAE.jpeg

Anyone running the Navis Mac-AT in bronze? Thinking of trying these out with 235 or 225/60 tyres. Dont want to overtyre and can get decent AT tyres in this size or just use my current winters.

Back