Summer Wheels To Winter Wheels - When?

god forgive me.....I never took mine off! I have 4 mint 16" claytons under a blanket in my garage......they were meant to go on in October/November! Oh well!!:whistle:

I’m sure I’m being very naive, and missing the point, but I think the best time to put summer wheels on is when winter finishes (whenever that is).

I’m sure I’m being very naive, and missing the point, but I think the best time to put summer wheels on is when winter finishes (whenever that is).
This is my plan too. It's difficult for me as I love skiing but also love my summer wheels :)

Reactions: DPS
There we go.... summer isn't obvious, hence the thread.

Usually swap mid/end of April as that is when the winter tyres are getting towards the top of their optimum temperature range. If you're in the tropical South, maybe change two or three weeks earlier.

ACF 50. Linky

Good enough to protect military aircraft and well used by all year motorcyclists to protect their pride n joy.

It’s a heavy duty protective coat which you leave on during winter then clean off for spring leaving the vehicle looking like new.

Expensive stuff but spray it into the lid, and paint on with a brush and it goes much further.

ACF 50. Linky

Good enough to protect military aircraft and well used by all year motorcyclists to protect their pride n joy.

It’s a heavy duty protective coat which you leave on during winter then clean off for spring leaving the vehicle looking like new.

Expensive stuff but spray it into the lid, and paint on with a brush and it goes much further.

Great stuff,I and all my kayakfishing mates have used it in a marine environment for years :thumbsup:

Downside is that your shiny wheels will look pretty grubby whilst being protected.

Still, better than corrosion

So if my theory about the Peak District is right, that means the rest of us will have full sun and tropical heat... :thumbsup:

in my part from tomorrow they expect min-10 max -5 ..... and in any case until April 15 snow tires are obligatory ...

... returning to the original discussion ...... today the temperature was 19 degrees .., I put back the summer tires ... !! ..... now it will not be colder! .. I did not remember anymore 'how to drive with the summer tires .. much more' "precise" and ready in the insertions in the curve, as well as more 'silent ..

Back