Summer Weekend T6f Meet 19th-21st July 2019 - Lyndon Top Caravan Site - Le15 8rn

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far people who have expressed an interest in attending are

@Fish
@Tourershine
@Northern Monkey
@Davenjo
@DaveyB
@Volkywagen
@Deaky
@T6180
@Lord Mfwic
@Toad
@Dieseldonkey
@Martinf
@Dannyb6467
@Peatey
@ddktm
@Jollyvan
@Skyliner33
Sorry if I've missed anybody.

2 dates which suit majority best are 19th or 26th July.

If you can confirm if still interested or not and preferred dates then I think the fairest way is the majority date.

I'll update the list as we go along.
Sorry to drag this up again but has it been kicked into touch(Pun intended)?

Sorry to drag this up again but has it been kicked into touch(Pun intended)?
There hasn't been any response from @Toad.
I did mention it to a few at Bala and they are still keen. If we could find another venue then I'm sure most would still be up for it. I'm away next week and its hectic in work so I haven't got the free time to look for somewhere. If anybody fancies taking the reins and finding a central location then I'm sure we can get this back on track.:thumbsup:

Sorry for not responding. I'm up for this, but just not at the moment. I've just got too much work on to be able to do this as well.

I certainly wouldn't rule it out at another time, but just haven't got the capacity at the moment.

Sorry all.

There is not much availability now for July on Pitch Up but found Staden Grange Nr Buxton if anyone wants to have a look. They accept Rally bookings. I know its not really central!

I totally agree.
I did look at a couple but couldn’t find one that ticked all the boxes.
If you have any suggestions or local knowledge ?

I think the difficulty will always be pleasing everyone with dates and locations, meaning calling a site without actual numbers makes it awkward, specially in the middle of the summer. If hookups are important, I think it's going to be near on impossible to narrow one down unless we know exactly how many people need power. As mentioned Lyndon top doesn't have a great deal of facilities, but they do have the room to accommodate a load of forum members and the potential flexibility for day visitors. I have no idea what is important with you camper guys, but if it's power, then this is almost a none starter purely down to the uncertainty of who's and what's?

I think the difficulty will always be pleasing everyone with dates and locations, meaning calling a site without actual numbers makes it awkward, specially in the middle of the summer. If hookups are important, I think it's going to be near on impossible to narrow one down unless we know exactly how many people need power. As mentioned Lyndon top doesn't have a great deal of facilities, but they do have the room to accommodate a load of forum members and the potential flexibility for day visitors. I have no idea what is important with you camper guys, but if it's power, then this is almost a none starter purely down to the uncertainty of who's and what's?
A lot have solar so can manage without power. If my memory serves me right, we don't have power at Camperjam or Busfest and we cope so although it would be handy I not sure it's a deal breaker.
An important part is that they allow camp fires if off the ground. Thats where all the shenanigans take place.
The most popular weekend was 19th July.
I think anyone who is interested close to Rutland waters shout out and we can view numbers by the weekend and go from there.

I'm up for it.

A lot have solar so can manage without power. If my memory serves me right, we don't have power at Camperjam or Busfest and we cope so although it would be handy I not sure it's a deal breaker.
An important part is that they allow camp fires if off the ground. Thats where all the shenanigans take place.
The most popular weekend was 19th July.
I think anyone who is interested close to Rutland waters shout out and we can view numbers by the weekend and go from there.

I'm up for it.

I've dropped them an email initially to see if this kind of thing is allowed. Let's see what they say I guess.

As per usual with too many businesses these days, I didn't even get a response from an email, or a call back after I left a message.

I will try again though, unless there's any other suggestions.

As per usual with too many businesses these days, I didn't even get a response from an email, or a call back after I left a message.

I will try again though, unless there's any other suggestions.
Thanks for your effort @Tourershine :thumbsup:.
I'm away for a couple of weeks now but if you can possibly find somewhere close by? It would be great if we could get something organised for this weekend and meet up with some new faces.
I'll leave it in your capable hands and count me in if you find somewhere:thumbsup:.

I've just had the following reply from the site

Hello Paul,
Thank you for your email. That shouldn’t be a problem at all and we would be pleased to welcome your group.
We can offer fresh water, els an waste disposal, dry waste disposal and a mobile toilet block with cold water sinks but no showers reserved for those without toilets on board.
Day visitors are no problem, they would just need to park in our visitors area and then walk to your gathering. The only thing I would make you aware of is that we are a quiet site and do not allow any music on site.
If you wish to go ahead, just let me know your dates and I can get you booked in.
Many Thanks

I've given them the potential date of weekend 19th of July.
I guess now it's a case of seeing who can actually go.

Hello Paul,
Thank you for your email. That shouldn’t be a problem at all and we would be pleased to welcome your group.
We can offer fresh water, els an waste disposal, dry waste disposal and a mobile toilet block with cold water sinks but no showers reserved for those without toilets on board.
Day visitors are no problem, they would just need to park in our visitors area and then walk to your gathering. The only thing I would make you aware of is that we are a quiet site and do not allow any music on site.
If you wish to go ahead, just let me know your dates and I can get you booked in.
Many Thanks

I’m not sure the no showers is going to appeal to all. I can manage if it’s only 2 nights, shower before I leave and when I get home plus I can have a wash in the awning so happy to put my name down. :thumbsup:

Hello Paul,
Many Thanks

Did you mention off the ground camp fires as that’s a bit of a crucial part?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back