Summer Weekend T6f Meet 19th-21st July 2019 - Lyndon Top Caravan Site - Le15 8rn

Dellmassive

T32 204 DSG LWB SLN PV MY18 & T30 SWB KMB MY67
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Master
Summer Weekend T6f Meet 19th-21st July 2019 - Lyndon Top Caravan Site - Le15 8rn

Following on from : Caffeine & Machine - July 18th 2019." we have the above,

Original posting: Summer Weekend T6f Meet 19th-21st July 2019 - Lyndon Top Caravan Site - Le15 8rn

Original contributors : @Fish @Ed Webb @Tourershine

details from @Tourershine so far:

Location. Lyndon top Caravan site. LE15 8RN

Welcome to Lyndon Top Caravan Park
Come and enjoy 112 acres of peace and tranquility running directly to the shores of one of Europeʼs largest and most beautiful man made lakes

Dates: 19-20-21 july 2019 (fri,sat,sun)

Start/finish time. Arrival/finish anytime when suits.

Accommodation options. Van, tent, motorhome or Caravan (grass fields)

EHU: No

Toilet block: Yes

Chem disposal: Yes

Showers/Hot water/washup area: No

Onsite shop: No, but there are 2 stunning towns within 10 mins.

Fire pit: Yes allowed. Hell yes (raised or grass protected)

"There is often these things arranged and people that are not in campers tend not to attend which seems nuts to me because we all own VWs. So as I've arranged it, I want it to be open to everyone so more people will come."

36 Reviews of Lyndon Top Caravan Park , Oakham, Rutland Campsite. Review score 9/10

Just got off the phone with them and yes all officially booked.

Site details are as follows:

Lyndon Rd, Oakham LE15 8RN

They have agreed to keep it fairly relaxed for us. No need to call or book, just turn up, pay for how ever many days you wish, and enjoy.

They will give us a large enough part of a field to enable us to pitch in a big circle, (so everyone feels part of this, and we don't end up with people miles away at the other end of a long row) with the fire pit in the middle etc. We will just have to see the final count nearer the time to judge the room we need for everyone.

list of who is coming ?

@Tourershine
@Lord Mfwic
@ROMANY TAMPIN
@Skyliner33
@Jollyvan
@Martinf
@Dellmassive
@Peatey
@T6180
@Stay Frosty
@Volkywagen
@Bear
@Sabre
@shane lightbown
@Phil Harris
@RichDavies82
@Gaz1971
@Gavandi
@Mick
@Spaghettiboy78
@Kramsdog
@RedUn

Plus 2 of my T6 chums not on here.

That's what I have on my list currently :thumbsup:

ITS LIVE :

link to 2020 meet > Summer Weekend T6f Meet 17th-19th July 2020 - Lyndon Top Caravan Site - Le15 8rn

Last edited:
ref Tourershine:

Just got off the phone with them and yes all officially booked.

Site details are as follows:

Lyndon Rd, Oakham LE15 8RN

They have agreed to keep it fairly relaxed for us. No need to call or book, just turn up, pay for how ever many days you wish, and enjoy.

They will give us a large enough part of a field to enable us to pitch in a big circle, (so everyone feels part of this, and we don't end up with people miles away at the other end of a long row) with the fire pit in the middle etc. We will just have to see the final count nearer the time to judge the room we need for everyone.

I've asked @Dellmassive to pop this into the events, so it's a little easier to see.

We've been informed that anyone arriving later in the evening, needs to be there before 9pm because of the barriers and the wardens coming off duty. So anyone that thinks they might arrive later than 9pm, if you could drop me a message, and I will see what I can arrange.

There is still plenty of space for anyone else that wants to attend this weekend on top of those above that are already confirmed.
It's a pretty relaxed affair, and people can suit themselves during the day time, be that visiting 1 of the 3 stunning historic towns within 15 mins of Rutland Water, Stamford, Oakham or Uppingham. There's obviously Rutland water itself for any cyclists, or simply do nothing for a couple of days. No rules, and no pressure to get involved (although it would be nice) The evenings will possibly involve copious amounts of banter, fire, and the odd tipple.

As mentioned above, you don't need to own a camper, you are welcome with a Caravan, Motorhome, tent, or just a chair with a knitted blanket (although I cannot stop any member taking photos of anyone asleep under a blanket, and posting the pictures on here)

All in all, a great location, surrounded by Volkswagens, what more can anyone on here ask... :thumbsup:

I called in yesterday as I was working close by.
The site is very relaxed and in a beautiful, quiet location. The warden did mention she would like people to arrive before 9 but I'm sure that could be slightly flexible but certainly before 10 and would need to be arranged beforehand.
She showed me the field she is proposing to put us on which is level, quiet and about 200 mtrs from the toilet blocks which are located on the other side of a barn. Depending on how busy they are, she will do her best to keep the field for just us, the site is huge so that shouldn't be a problem.
They are used to rallies and appreciate we may want our own space so we won't be amongst the general camping fields.
We will have a designated area but how we choose to park is up to us and there is no hard boundary to our area.
I agree that park them in a circle is the best idea.
Its also right on the Rutland cycle path so will be ideal for any cyclist amongst us and the area is stunning with some beautiful small towns in close proximity.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Im tempted to come up but will need to prove to myself I have the power to say no... To Kraken, gin, red wine.... Really not doing me any favours!
Is it still open to one more?

Yes of course.

There's actually several more added to that list now, meaning if all those that messaged me, or agreed on here turn up, that's 19 vans :)

Last edited:
23E6E72C-C69A-4DC8-8540-FA64A6BC991F.jpeg 35B5A438-69DA-40D4-8D49-CDB556C56A46.jpeg I’ve just got back from two nights camping at this very venue.

They are very relaxed, it’s a lovely location and has spectacular views over Rutland water. We were lucky with the weather and the sunsets were stunning from this elevated location.

Just down the steep path towards the water is the Osprey visitor centre, pic from the tv in the hide. It closes at 5, but we turned up at 6pm and were able to wander down to the hide to watch the four fledglings trying to fly catching the air hovering above their nest.

It’s a huge site and there is a fab pub(Horse and Jockey) with great food just 1 mile to the right as you exit the site.

Sorry that we can’t make these dates, have a great weekend

Ok, I've created a WhatsApp group and those that I have numbers will already be added.

If you are not added to this group, and you will know because your phone won't be overheating, can you PM your mobile please, and I will get you added.

Hi All

We've been to this site several times - simple but fabulous location.
Walkable (longish walk) into Oakham for several great pubs including a micro brewery.
Buses run from road near the site. Taxi's available.
Pub just down the road. Horse and Jockey - very busy on weekends as cyclists No 1 stop so book if you want food.
Site wardens are very friendly and helpful.
Basis (very) toilet facilities! Take your Porta potti!!! Or mark out bushes for No 1's only!!
Black plastic bag shower is very useful but pray for some sunshine to heat it up.
If you fancy cycle ride around lake the 2 options - 18ish or 25 ish depending on visiting Hambleton Peninsula.
There is a very nice pub on Peninsula - Finch's Arms - posh and again very busy on weekend. Lots of money around this area!!
Cycle pathway is relatively flat - lots of families on bikes - so not suitable for speed work!
2 Bike shops - Rutland cycles - buy and/or hire etc

We're hoping to get both or at least one of the nights so looking forward to it.
Thanks guys for all the effort in sorting it.
:smile bounce:

Back