Summer Weekend T6f Meet 19th-21st July 2019 - Lyndon Top Caravan Site - Le15 8rn

Wow, my vans changed shape! Looks great mate.
Hope your evening went well

After a very successful weekend, I want to personally thank all those that came to Rutland Water.
Yeah, we had a bit of rain on the Friday evening, but that made absolutely no difference to the attitudes of everyone, and we just grabbed a few gazebos and got the fire pit going, and all was perfect.
As the organiser of such a big event, and for the first time, you take a certain responsibility on your shoulders for people having a good time. Many came from long distances, and i'm aware that weekends are very important to people these days, so it was extremely humbling to see such a big turn out.
There was one point over the weekend where I was making myself a drink, and I heard a group of people roar with that belly laugh you rarely hear these days, and that made me realise that this weekend had been a bloody good success.

So from myself, I thank all of you that helped make the Rutland weekend the amazing hit it actually was, and long may this be an annual event. :thumbsup:

Paul

After a very successful weekend, I want to personally thank all those that came to Rutland Water.
Yeah, we had a bit of rain on the Friday evening, but that made absolutely no difference to the attitudes of everyone, and we just grabbed a few gazebos and got the fire pit going, and all was perfect.
As the organiser of such a big event, and for the first time, you take a certain responsibility on your shoulders for people having a good time. Many came from long distances, and i'm aware that weekends are very important to people these days, so it was extremely humbling to see such a big turn out.
There was one point over the weekend where I was making myself a drink, and I heard a group of people roar with that belly laugh you rarely hear these days, and that made me realise that this weekend had been a bloody good success.

So from myself, I thank all of you that helped make the Rutland weekend the amazing hit it actually was, and long may this be an annual event. :thumbsup:

Paul
Well done fella. Simples see!
Now book same weekend next year!

this was the first for me , attending a VW event....It has though made up my mind that I need to come to more.
Such a friendly atmosphere & I thoroughly enjoyed myself, Drinking far to much in the process.
The only negative was spying other vans with stuff I haven't got yet , the spending has already started....doh!!!
Cheers
Bri

I would like to add to the above comments. A massive thanks to @Tourershine for organising. But also to each and everyone who attended making it a great weekend that less than ideal weather could not dampen.

Roll on the next event and also next years repeat of this. Maybe we can get a double circle.

IMG_2004.JPG 585261756.494881.jpg IMG_2015.JPG

Well done Paul. It was a cracking weekend with lots of laughter, drink and fire starting and lets not forget @Mick and his dancing round the fire pit and the @Dellmassive disco.
Everyone got involved and it was really nice meeting new members and old friends.
Massive thank you @Tourershine for all your hard work in getting this sorted and the way you took the time to greet everyone as they turned up and made sure everyone felt welcome. Perfect host. :thumbsup:

This certainly needs to be an annual event.

Paul
Looks like you all had a great time!
Like all the pics
Will try and make the next one

Back