Sub-Woofer Enclosures

1000024573-1.jpg

I reckon this could look a lot more inergrated if it covered the wheel arch completely, and maybe incorporated a cubby above the wheel arch.

Obviously this wouldn't work with row 3 seats, but would be good in a kombi. Perhaps the same box on the opposite side, but for storage rather than a sub?

View attachment 223449

I reckon this could look a lot more inergrated if it covered the wheel arch completely, and maybe incorporated a cubby above the wheel arch.

Obviously this wouldn't work with row 3 seats, but would be good in a kombi. Perhaps the same box on the opposite side, but for storage rather than a sub?
Doing something similar for a customer with LWB. For info, the wheel arch protrudes slightly further into van than D pillar. Been trying to keep inline with D pillar.

If the wheel arch wasn't carpeted, would the vertical inward facing board (the one with the speaker hole in it) continue forwards to cover the wheel arch?

1703533975593.png

In this picture it looks like it might.

View attachment 223449

great idea I was thinking a similar thing with a hinged lid for some storage

great idea I was thinking a similar thing with a hinged lid for some storage

View attachment 2234497

I have seen someone on here build something like that (for storage rather than a sub) ….. it was @.50 and you can see that it ends up thicker on the rear pillar due to running across front of Wheelarch tub.

IMG_1700.jpeg

IMG_1699.jpeg

IMG_1698.jpeg

IMG_1697.jpeg

IMG_1696.jpeg

IMG_1695.jpeg

IMG_1694.jpeg

@t6blo I'd say he's made it that wide to accommodate the speaker. Looking and where it sits in relation to the floor anchor points compared to the sub enclosure, it could probably sit another 20mm in if it weren't for the forwards facing speakers.

@t6blo I'd say he's made it that wide to accommodate the speaker. Looking and where it sits in relation to the floor anchor points compared to the sub enclosure, it could probably sit another 20mm in if it weren't for the forwards facing speakers.
Hi there.
The box width was dictated by the depth if the wheel arch, ie. the back of the 9mm ply I used sat tight against the wheel arch.

At the time of doing this, the rear of the van was to be used for camping gear/bikes.

The speakers I put in the front of the boxes have been really good though.

Has anyone fitted an enclosure with the OVANO drawer system? It’s hard to work out if the support bracket will fit with the enclosure. If I were to measure where the bracket sits, could someone take a measurement where the end of the enclosure ends, measured from the rear door please?

Also will the standard 10” fit with the electric sliding door plastic?

IMG_1028.png

some pics over here:

1709543903882.png

Tidy, thanks. What sub is that please?
Do you happen to know if an Ovado/Infinity kombi still fits with it protruding that little bit?

Back