Sub-Woofer Enclosures

@BognorMotors How are you routing the cable from the amp to the rear arch sub box? Over the sliding door (for left side fitment) along existing wiring harness?
If you are fitting NS enclosure, that is the most direct route from passenger seat. If off side enclosure you can go under driver seat and into B pillar then under window to rear wheel arch:thumbsup:

Looking good - excited to get my two fitted @Eclipse Custom Vans

Can‘t see any fixings in the photo from @BognorMotors - how are you recommending they are fixed in place? Rivnuts in the D pillar?

Thanks
Sorry for the delay, the audio connectors just arrived late Friday.. there are fixing holes inside accessed via the sub hole. These have been designed on a T6, however @BognorMotors recently fed back that one hole needs moving 10mm. I'll mark yours up so you can drill if needed. Thanks

happy with the bix fixing locations but how are they attached to the van? It looks as though they will attach to the wheelarch? If so, how and with what? Thanks.
There's metal frame of the van behind the box, either drill.a hole in van.and put screw in, or self drill screw, or drill out larger and fit rivnut in metal Frame or fit a batten/panel behind the box onto metalwork of van and then screw enclosure to the batten/panel. Lots of options

IMG_1914.jpegIMG_1913.jpegReceived my sub wheelarch boxes from @Eclipse Custom Vans, so offered them into position. Will need to remove the Jack mount from the nearside Wheelarch or adapt the box somehow.

They look good anyway and they don’t interfere with the Kombi bench in the third row. Cheers Ian.

IMG_1929.jpegIMG_1930.jpegIMG_1931.jpegIMG_1932.jpeg

Feedback on the wheel arch subwoofer enclosures @Eclipse Custom Vans

Overall very pleased.

Observations:

Moisture resistant MDF and all joins fully glued
Nice quick release speaker terminals
Nicely carpeted
Fits well once fixed in place
Not sure what adjustment you needed to make for the AUDISON 10” sub but it fits perfectly.

I used rivnuts and 80mm bolts for the two rear pillar fixings. I have not fixed to the top of the wheelarch with the third hole (feels firmly fixed in place with just the two) but might drill a hole for this at a later date if required.

Appreciate the hidden fixing points compared to the Basser boxes that have visible fixings in the rear vertical edge and a 90degree bracket on the front edge to the wheelarch, however this is a trade off because, although the speaker terminals are quick release, if I want to remove the box I need to unscrew and remove the speaker and disconnect it inside the box first.

I also fitted some ‘wadding’ inside the box which was left over recycled plastic bottle insulation from B&Q.

Is removing the jack mounting point a ‘thing’ with converted vans? My van is a Kombi and I still have the jack in place so am undecided whether I want to remove the mount or cut a corresponding hole in the box to allow it to sit over the mount.

Once I decide I will be installing the near side box.

Not heard any music yet so can’t comment on acoustics.

View attachment 223338View attachment 223339View attachment 223340View attachment 223341

Overall very pleased.

Observations:

Nicely carpeted
Not sure what adjustment you needed to make for the AUDISON 10” sub but it fits perfectly.

I used rivnuts and 80mm bolts for the two rear pillar fixings. I have not fixed to the top of the wheelarch with the third hole (feels firmly fixed in place with just the two) but might drill a hole for this at a later date if required.

Appreciate the hidden fixing points compared to the Basser boxes that have visible fixings in the rear vertical edge and a 90degree bracket on the front edge to the wheelarch, however this is a trade off because, although the speaker terminals are quick release, if I want to remove the box I need to unscrew and remove the speaker and disconnect it inside the box first.

I also fitted some ‘wadding’ inside the box which was left over recycled plastic bottle insulation from B&Q.

Is removing the jack mounting point a ‘thing’ with converted vans? My van is a Kombi and I still have the jack in place so am undecided whether I want to remove the mount or cut a corresponding hole in the box to allow it to sit over the mount.

Thanks. On campers we leave the jack mounting in place, however with the sub box it would be overly complicated to manufacture the box to go over the jack mounting. Also space volume inside would be decreased.

View attachment 223338View attachment 223339View attachment 223340View attachment 223341

Overall very pleased.

Observations:

Nicely carpeted

Also riv nuts are good, I thought of including these but not everyone will have a riv nut gun.

Removed the jack mount and fitted the other side this morning :thumbsup:

IMG_1934.jpeg

Having them face each other like this increases the bass and volume - sounds fantastic.
If only I’d waited I wouldn’t have 2 AUDISON passive sub enclosures I’m trying to sell - the wheel arch subs/boxes are exactly what I wanted originally.

The subs appear to be glued into the AUDISON boxes hence buying new subs :rolleyes:

View attachment 223382

Having them face each other like this increases the bass and volume - sounds fantastic.
If only I’d waited I wouldn’t have 2 AUDISON passive sub enclosures I’m trying to sell - the wheel arch subs/boxes are exactly what I wanted originally.

The subs appear to be glued into the AUDISON boxes hence buying new subs :rolleyes:
Symmetry achieved and all is now calm in the land of OCD. :whistle:

View attachment 223382

Looks awesome :thumbsup:

View attachment 223382

Can I ask where you have located you’re amp? I’m trying to plan a new install and can’t think where to place it. I’m considering the rear sub box too.

Back