Stop/Start and Regen algorithms?

MrTango

T6 Pro
Hi folks,
I'd like to know the algorithm for the Stop/Start feature and the Regen. My Stop/Start is so random I can't work out why it seldom cuts in.
It also regens 3 or 4 times per tank. It would be nice to know why.
Can anyone shed some light please?
T6 2016 140 DSG camper conversion with solar panel and CTEK split charger.
Thanks.

have a look here:

and here:

all the rest here - Dellmassive’s "How I Done It" blogs.

oh , , ,

here too:

After a good read, thank you so much for the data, great work by the way, I had a look at my battery, seems like a good place to start as it has an effect on the DPF regen and Start/Stop.
Checking the 12v socket in the van, it was 12.1v at rest and 13.8v when running, was 14.8v at initial start up then dropped to 13.8v constant.
A couple of questions,
1 Is it time for a new battery?
2 Do I need to get the new battery 'coded' in?
3 Is it worth me getting the latest firmware flashed into the ECU?

Thanks again.

Standard battery life is 3 to 5 years.

Can can get a tester that shows you the health of the battery.

Or vcds will also show you what the van thinks of the battery.

Post a few pics of the battery.

You have a 2016 van.... Is it the original battery?

Thanks Dellmassive.
Here's the battery.
20220320_201544.jpg

20220320_201644.jpg

Confession time. I have fitted a D250SE wired to another battery. Varta E11 12v 74 Ah. However, I was double checking the wiring and I had connected the battery select cable black wire to ground, for an AGM battery, which the E11 is not.

20220320_201757.jpg

20200714_195047.jpg

Looks like an original battery to me.?

Could be worth getting it tested at a local place.

Dare I mention Halfords for a quick battery test?....if you do ask for a copy of the print out.

Or take a pic of the tester screen.

Hmm, I attached the charger, it started 25% flashing red, then went through 50 and 75 ending green at 100%. Then it started back at the 25% flashing red again. Repeats the cycle.

if the battery SOH (State of health) is bad ie - less than 50% then it will show as charged very quickly.

but then die quick.

you need a tester like this to tes the health of a SLA battery.

1647971569457.png
1647971615102.png1647971628756.png1647971639423.png

About this item​

• ✔ ANCEL BST200 12V car battery tester shows you the basic battery parameters such as voltage, internal resistance, battery condition and charge status. In addition, ANCEL BST200 also tells you whether you should replace or charge the battery.
  • ✔ Works with 12V lead acid batteries from 100 - 1100 CCA, including regular flood batteries, AGM flat plate batteries, AGM spiral batteries and GEL for cars, RVs, SUVs, motorcycles, boats, light trucks and even golf carts.
  • ✔ Gives you an accurate result in just seconds, such as CCA value, CCA rating, voltage, internal resistance, health and state of charge, based on the rating standard of CCA, CA, MCA, JIS, DIN, IEC, EN and SAE.
  • ✔ With the two test models "OUT OF VEHICLE" and "IN VEHICLE", you can test the battery both inside and outside the vehicle and get even more accurate test data. Plus, you do not need an internal battery and get power directly from the detected battery.
  • ✔ The device is equipped with reverse polarity protection and will not emit light, heat or sparks and will not discharge the battery. Safe for you, your cars, your batteries and the tester itself. Built-in 10 operating languages.

more info:

Hmm, I attached the charger, it started 25% flashing red, then went through 50 and 75 ending green at 100%. Then it started back at the 25% flashing red again. Repeats the cycle.
sounds to me like the battery SOH is bad.

could be time for a new one.

Yes.no.maybe.definatly.

you can fit a new battery and it will work straight away.

The van will adapt over the next 10 drive cycles.

But the SOH logged in the vans ECU will need resetting by coding a new battery at some point.

So.

You can get a battery fitted at a place that will code van for you.

Or fit your own battery and get obd11 or other to code..... Or give someone on here beer tokens to code in for you.

I'm not sure if carista can code battery...

Maybe it can now?

Back