STOLEN T6 !!!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to let you know what a tracking company recovery team found whilst going to recover one of their stolen vans. Once your van gets to this sort of place you aint gonna get it back, at all! and nothing will save it. :eek:
:)smug:) no other tracker company was able to find this but these guys followed their tech and recovered their vehicle, apparently before dismantling. Well worth the money. But fit an immobiliser as well...
Cantrack chop shop.jpg

It’s been one of my layers from day one - I had some early config problems which led to rapid battery drain but unit will be 3 years old in October and battery still showing 46% - when it dies I will happily replace .

But don't forget that battery wires are what leads the scum to the tracker and they are easy to power down once discoversd. The good thing is that most of these a-holes now know that trackers are getting easier to hide so after a quick rummage through the cabling around the fusebox and the battery they will park it and cool it for 24hrs or so. A few will head direct to the ports but that seems to depend on how sellable the vehicle is. If they get them into a place like this, with blockers, few will be recovered and the sale of parts will net them heaps more than a straight sale. :(

But don't forget that battery wires are what leads the scum to the tracker and they are easy to power down once discoversd. The good thing is that most of these a-holes now know that trackers are getting easier to hide so after a quick rummage through the cabling around the fusebox and the battery they will park it and cool it for 24hrs or so. A few will head direct to the ports but that seems to depend on how sellable the vehicle is. If they get them into a place like this, with blockers, few will be recovered and the sale of parts will net them heaps more than a straight sale. :(
CanTrack asset is a self contained unit with no battery wires to find. They would have to get my van to the state of the red one in the picture before finding it lol

:thumbsup:
Go team Cantrack!
You have to be careful with the initial config or it will kill the battery.

Shame this is just a one off, my local police dont give a sh1t about finding vehicles with trackers

This is exactly the point @xswind. The Cantrack guys have a team of ex coppers who go and get your stuff back. They all have the right lingo and the right handshake so the police show up just to take the glory.
They won't bother otherwise, even if you pinpoint exactly where it is. They just won't believe you and don't care. They don't have time between reports of what they haven't had time to do because of the reports.

Shame this is just a one off, my local police dont give a sh1t about finding vehicles with trackers
It's not just a one off - CanTrack employ their own team to go out and do the tracking and will get the police involved once they have eyes on the vehicle - if safe to do so they will gather evidence and attempt to secure and/or repossess.

I worked for them for a while so can vouch for the team, great guys with a lot of experience.
There's a couple of good vids on YouTube under Cantrack.

There was a similar article on "Caught on Camera" earlier this week - they tracked a Range Rover to Calais and recovered it from a supermarket car park. Not sure if it was CanTrack or Automatrics or something else but same principle.

There was a similar article on "Caught on Camera" earlier this week - they tracked a Range Rover to Calais and recovered it from a supermarket car park. Not sure if it was CanTrack or Automatrics or something else but same principle.
yea same company.

Int

Interesting comment "they normally just unlock it and drive off" no mention of them having the keys?
I have followed a few of these and they normally get the spare keys off the owner and recover the vehicle, or ask the owner to attend the location if it is in a public street etc.
Watch the one with the Mustang.

I have followed a few of these and they normally get the spare keys off the owner and recover the vehicle, or ask the owner to attend the location if it is in a public street etc.
Watch the one with the Mustang.

Oh, ha, what I heard was "they" as in thieves , doh.

Back