STOLEN T6 !!!!!!!!!!!

Appreciate the heads up about stolen vans but it's annoying not knowing the back story. How was it stolen? Did they have the keys? Was it recovered? Many questions with answers would help us look to protecting our own if their is a clear pattern to the thefts.
I've seen two threads containing stolen vans with neither of the owners able to comment.

Reactions: DPS
Appreciate the heads up about stolen vans but it's annoying not knowing the back story. How was it stolen? Did they have the keys? Was it recovered? Many questions with answers would help us look to protecting our own if their is a clear pattern to the thefts.
I've seen two threads containing stolen vans with neither of the owners able to comment.

I just copied what I had read on Facebook. Thought the guy might be on here.

I agree, but I have to assume in most cases they had the keys and the owners don't want to admit that publicly unless it voids their insurance..

Last edited:
C6F88C2C-13F3-4847-89DE-625F63FAC81B.png Just clicked the link and read the comments. Looks like it was taken without keys.

I just copied what I had read on Facebook. Thought the guy might be on here.
Wasn't digging at you persoanlly bud just frustrated as worry about the van as its the nicest vehicle I've ever owned but know obvious way they are being stolen. Someone stole our window box of dead flowers the other night so do worry about the van.

I agree, but I have to assume they had the keys and the owners don't want to admit that publicly unless it voids their insurance..
True I was thinking that may be a possibility after posting. Just a shame we aren't able to learn from this unfortunate event to prevent others.

I’m paranoid as hell about my van. Drive my Mrs insane moving cars around blocking it in on a night, disklock etc etc. My carpark antics looking for end spaces and checking it’s locked are getting out of hand
I’m just glad they’re not keyless like the BMWs and Fords that are all going missing at the minute.
But then again out of the hundreds and thousands of vans out there, a few get stolen and it makes us all paranoid.

I’m paranoid as hell about my van. Drive my Mrs insane moving cars around blocking it in on a night, disklock etc etc. My carpark antics looking for end spaces and checking it’s locked are getting out of hand
I’m just glad they’re not keyless like the BMWs and Fords that are all going missing at the minute.
But then again out of the hundreds and thousands of vans out there, a few get stolen and it makes us all paranoid.
Agree, not got my van yet but was on my mind when I shock salesman hand to take the sale. Thinking of buying a disklock too. Pleased it's not keyless !

As in Disc Lock that are what I have used on my HD

The guy on facebook replied to the question of with keys by saying "no keys, they pulled the repeater out" how does that help steal it?

The guy on facebook replied to the question of with keys by saying "no keys, they pulled the repeater out" how does that help steal it?

No idea what that’s about. Unless it’s something to do with Canbus.

Gutted for you mate i really am, but let me tell you of something that has happened TWICE to me
Both times in Central London
I work alot of nights and unsociable hours, anyway ( we will use the 1st time as an example) i was stopped at a set of traffic lights by waterloo station roughly 16.00 on a friday afternoon, Window is open its friday and im going home ( been paid, usual stuff tunes on heading to the pub) bloke came up to the window of the van with a knife, puts knife through window missing my neck he wasnt close but close enough, i do the window up while pushing his hand out with the other ( NOW CHECK THIS)
He gets into the passenger seat of the car behind me and they drive off, he wanted me out and the keys to the van, i see him in the mirror and they turn off, im straight on the phone to the Met Police, give them the car reg and a description.
I carried on following them all the way to croydon, keeping a distance, no police turned up, i phone croydon police as thats now where we are, asking why have they not turned up?, told a unit will attend a i give them running commentary and still nothing, by this time we are now on the M23 heading south, so over an hour now, still nothing,
I phoned surrey police telling them that i have already phoned MET police and the croydon lot and still nothing, you know i followed them all the way to near Gatwick and not 1 F888888G copper turned up or even phoned back to ask for details or any information or even if i was OK, they blokes in the car Knew i was following but never sped up or slowed down nothing, to this day or even on the second occasion i have never heard back from over any incident, as far as im concerned ( this area anyway) they are more interested in being seen to be PC over anything,.
I wont go into detail over ethnic origin of the fella, but i now carry a bat in the van, it will be a lot more use than ringing the old bill in the future ( hopefully not a 3rd time)
Anyway good luck with the van but if im honest, if mine was stolen i dont think i would want it back knowing some thieving sod has his mits over my pride and joy.

Carjacking is a horrid crime. But, dont risk getting caught with a bat in your car, instead put a tin of handbag size hairspray in your door pocket and use it as a mace alternative. If you ever have an issue, "It's the wife's, I was so fortunate she left it in here otherwise I might not have been able to defend myself"

Carjacking is a horrid crime. But, dont risk getting caught with a bat in your car, instead put a tin of handbag size hairspray in your door pocket and use it as a mace alternative. If you ever have an issue, "It's the wife's, I was so fortunate she left it in here otherwise I might not have been able to defend myself"

Just make sure that you aren't holding a lit cigarette in the other hand.... :eek::rofl::rofl:

Btw, ball attached to handle of bat makes it into a game.. Bat n ball..... (Apparently)....

Motorcyclists in London have had to put up a with this type of thing for the last few years from the scooter thrives.

A good defence is to just remove and throw your keys, anywhere, even down the drain if you get the chance. You'll have time to look for/retrieve them. They wont want to do that.

Back