Step / Guide / dumping ground to Lining, Sound-Deadening and Insulating

I removed all I could then waved a plumbing torch over it to burn off some of the loose fibres left behind as I feared the sound deadening wouldn’t stick properly, I imagine some IPA/wd40/petrol/other sticky shit remover would do the job of removing the left overs ?
Thanks for the tips, will go for a scraper and copious amounts of IPA !

I didn't waste any effort getting it off. What's the point..? I just stuck insulation over it.

I didn't waste any effort getting it off. What's the point..? I just stuck insulation over it.
Happy to do that, was worried it might not stick though? May cause it to fall off in a year?

So update for anyone who's wants to remove them, plastic scraper and brake cleaner gets them off quite nicely with just a bit of residue remaining, I've just clear lacquered over the remains to seal it for what it's worth!

Anyone noticed their roof coming away from the cross members? Going to sikaflex it so it's never moving again, just thought I'd mention it...

Hi RedUn, i had my roof liner down to insulate etc. And i noticed that there was a gap that had opened up between the Spars and Roof. The mastic type stuff that was used to fix the Two together had separated. I just ignored it... :)

Hi RedUn, i had my roof liner down to insulate etc. And i noticed that there was a gap that had opened up between the Spars and Roof. The mastic type stuff that was used to fix the Two together had separated. I just ignored it... :)
Good to know not just mine then! I figured it could develop into future rattles hence planning on bonding it with some sikaflex?

Don't suppose that would be a problem. I just thought, Metal expands when hot and contracts when cold. So this is why it has separated. But i will listen for the rattle now... :D

Hi

Could you tell me what a fair price would be for full rear cab carpet lining for a LWB T6?
Is suede panel lining usually an additional cost?

Thanks
SV

I have that same situation with the roof! Chose not to worry about it too much :whistle:
Have people been stressing about getting insulation into these cross members or up into the top corners of the roof? I’m quite concerned about condensation forming in the missed areas but I can’t see any way of getting anything in there o_O

Hello all, I’m after some advice, have browsed and read and search to no avail.

When doing sound deadening and insulation, do you just put sound deadening on the rear arches or do you put insulation on top as well?

Thanks

When doing sound deadening and insulation, do you just put sound deadening on the rear arches or do you put insulation on top as well?

Thanks
Hi Abevan, i sound deadened the Wheel arches and then Carpeted over them. Hope that helps! :)

Thanks

put your sound deadening on the outside of the wheel arch. Remove wheel and inner lining to get to it, helps carpeting the inside look neater.,,

I have another 2 question if I may please!
  1. I know that people sound deaden the wheel arches outside under the plastic on the rear, is there any benefit to doing this in the front? Not really seen anyone talk about it.
  2. I am going to do my cab floor next. The rear is getting dodo pro van flooring, will this work in a Kombi under the cab carpet? Or should I just use sound deadening?
Thank you for your advice, again!

s
I have another 2 question if I may please!
  1. I know that people sound deaden the wheel arches outside under the plastic on the rear, is there any benefit to doing this in the front? Not really seen anyone talk about it.
  2. I am going to do my cab floor next. The rear is getting dodo pro van flooring, will this work in a Kombi under the cab carpet? Or should I just use sound deadening?
Thank you for your advice, again!

Stick with the normal silent coat stuff for the cab like youve done the rest of the van, unless the dodo pro van flooring isn't very thick?

Cheers bud, I'll get a few matts of Dodo Pro Barrier MLV. Not the cheapest stuff is it....
If it does the job, then money well spent.
Hi Mate
Im thinking of doing this to my van.
Did it make any difference doing the inside of the exterior archs.?
My van is same as yours, sound deadend but not the archs.

Hi Mate
Im thinking of doing this to my van.
Did it make any difference doing the inside of the exterior archs.?
My van is same as yours, sound deadend but not the archs.
Hi mate

i haven’t added the Pro barrier as I didn’t think it would be an easy fit. It’s pretty thick and doesn’t look like it will form the correct shape to fit in the gap between the arch and the plastic covering. Too be honest what I did, although I must say so my self was a pretty good job and covered every inch, it didn’t make much, if any difference and wasn’t worth the hassle.
in its defence, I don’t think that produce is the correct stuff for what I was hopping to achieve as it’s more for stopping vibration noise and not blocking sound like a barrier.

Hello what’s a fair price to insulate, sound deaden, carpet with alcantara headlining and side panels for an LWB?

Back