Steel Smoothies

Evening, I am looking to put 18” smoothies on and I want a stainless steel hubcap (like the old beetle) over the top like the image. Does anyone know where I can get them? Thanks.

C8345D85-0752-41D1-8347-74EE9E681A9B.jpeg

Has anybody had any brake cooling issues with smoothies?
I have wondered that. Fitting mine in a month or so so guess I’ll find out. I wondered if they did maybe a bit of tubing directing some airflow into the backside of the wheels lol

Ran them on my t4 for a couple of years with no issues. But never raced about in it for the brakes to get hot tho. I think you would only get issues if was racing around a track.

Reactions: JOG
I have wondered that. Fitting mine in a month or so so guess I’ll find out. I wondered if they did maybe a bit of tubing directing some airflow into the backside of the wheels lol
A VW elf with an aerosol!

Has anybody had any brake cooling issues with smoothies?

I get asked this constantly and I do drive like a racing driver sometimes and I can categorically state that my van, a heavy T32 driven normally 90% of the time and like I've stolen it 10% of the time, feels no different from any set of wheel to the next, including every size of banded steel made, alloys and the wheels below.

The only difference I do notice from wheel to wheel is the general pickup on acceleration. Not a huge amount, but you can feel that some wheel and tyre combinations will pick up faster than others, but braking, no difference.

20211118_115155.jpg

39AC3C7B-5FF6-44E1-8283-4FDB966FC92A.jpegThanks, that’s good to know seeing as I’ve just had some 20x9 eBay specials powder coated. I hadn’t really given the cooling much thought until the garage that are fitting the coilovers mentioned it. They’re pretty heavy though!

Back