Steel Smoothies

I've seen them on a couple of Instagram posts.
Are they 18" from Tamar?
What widths are they? They don't look banded.

I've seen them on a couple of Instagram posts.
Are they 18" from Tamar?
What widths are they? They don't look banded.

Correct! :thumbsup:

They are 18inch 8j non banded from Tamar wheels, I’m yet to see them fitted to any van but when I saw the THQ Instagram post last week I knew they were the wheels I’d been waiting for!

Can’t wait to get them on my van and join team steel!

Correct! :thumbsup:

They are 18inch 8j non banded from Tamar wheels, I’m yet to see them fitted to any van but when I saw the THQ Instagram post last week I knew they were the wheels I’d been waiting for!

Can’t wait to get them on my van and join team steel!

I'm interested in seeing these fitted, but welcome to Team Steel:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Looking forward to pics of these.

No brake dust to clean off the fronts might be a big bonus :)

Very nice steels seen a few vans with these on, I wonder if there’s any heat dissipation problems when braking with them having no holes to vent it?
Look forward to the pictures;)

Very nice steels seen a few vans with these on

These actual wheels?

Like @T6Paul, I haven't seen anyone running these yet, and they've only just popped up on my radar from Instagram.
I tied in my Cornwall holiday last week with a trip to Duchy Steels to let him fix one of my wheels whist I was down there, and he had a set of these wheels to band for Tamar. The info he had was they are new to the market, but it seems to be a big secret where they are actually sourced from. I suppose this is so Tamar can keep some kind of exclusivity on selling them. I wasn't sure on the look, but it's hard to tell until I see them fitted to a Transporter.

These actual wheels?

Like @T6Paul, I haven't seen anyone running these yet, and they've only just popped up on my radar from Instagram.
I tied in my Cornwall holiday last week with a trip to Duchy Steels to let him fix one of my wheels whist I was down there, and he had a set of these wheels to band for Tamar. The info he had was they are new to the market, but it seems to be a big secret where they are actually sourced from. I suppose this is so Tamar can keep some kind of exclusivity on selling them. I wasn't sure on the look, but it's hard to tell until I seen them fitted to a Transporter.
Not them actual make but that style they do look mint on the right van.

I was just watching an ad on eBay for a set of smoothie steel wheels and I wondering myself about temperature... i really like them

Looking forward to pics of these.

No brake dust to clean off the fronts might be a big bonus :)
That’s a good point :eek::cool:

No brake dust will be a huge bonus of these wheels, they should be going on the van this weekend.

They are 255/45/18 ‘Duraturn Mozzo Sports’ a budget tyre but I have been impressed with their performance in 19 inch size so have stuck with them.
Tread pattern and compound seems as good as the premium brands and IMO they perform better than the uniroyal rain sports I had previously.

Last edited:
In UK, you choose the tire size you want, or there is only few sizes that are allowed for a vehicule ?

Here, in France, it’s complicated.. only one or two size for 18 », and I’m not sure that I can set up 20 »...

A friend runs a MOT-like, I have to ask him what sizes are ok

Back