Squeaking in reverse.

foxpod

Done 8000 miles and I have brake squeel!!!
Pissed off !!!
67 plate 150
I think its the rears,as when i reverse onto drive the noise sounds like a grunting noise?
Anyone had issues this early with brakes??

It’s not uncommon for rears to make that weird grindy noise when reversing mine did it for a bit then stopped, dealer didn’t seem too concerned and by the time I was going to go back it had stopped and has been fine for several months now

My offside rear does it every time I reverse. Squeals for about 5m then stops. It’s only the one side that does it.

Brakes are squeeking very slightly every time I brake
Gonna get a full service even though mfd not promting
Don`t like this long service inerval malarkey .....

My Kombi makes a faint squeaking noise when I reverse but nothing going forwards, anyone else notice this?

I meant to mention it when it went in for a service on Tuesday and completely forgot! :rolleyes:

All brake pads have 90.c square edge when manufactured. A 3mm chamfer filed into the leading edge by installer before install will prevent squealing. Bedding in is absolute BS.

Hi, very strange but I too have a very loud squeaking noise when braking but only ever in reverse

Has anyone any idea what is causing this High pitched squeak only on rear driver-side only when reversing and breaking.

one pad has the wear indicator on it, is it this that is rubbing? just getting to the point of the pads being low?

Well, they need changing whether they're the culprit or not!
You may well see the issue when they're apart if that isn't the problem.

As above. When you take the pads out you will find out why.

Pete

As @Grim Reaper and @T6-Tom says above my outside pads looked fine when i visually check them, however once the wheel was off the inside pads were on the limit, worth checking this sooner rather than later. For some reason they don’t seem to wear evenly

Last edited:
As @Grim Reaper and @T6-Tom says above my outside pads looked fine when i visually check them, however once the wheel was off the inside pads were on the limit, worth checking this sooner rather than later. For some reason they don’t seem to wear evenly
If the pads are not wearing evenly check the caliper is moving freely on the slider pins and / or the disc is not pitted on one side.

Back