Squeak from rear wheels on stopping

copek

Hi there, hoping someone can help out ... I've searched all over on this but not found anything. I have 2019 Shuttle with 30k miles on it which has started squeaking from the rear wheels as it stops, both sides. No noise when driving, but as it comes to a halt and the weight settles back that it squeaks.

Brakes? Suspension? Managed to get a video of it today.

Have asked local garage and of course it never makes the noise when they have it. They've cleaned the discs but not made a difference.

Cheers! Chog.

I’d suggest the first thing to do is remove the wheel and check the caliper carrier bracket isn’t loose, highly unlikely to be both sides though, ears can be deceiving.
On all my vehicles I remove the wheels once a year and check the brakes and running gear over.

I had this on my TSI LWB from new. Complained to VW when the warranty was valid and they just said it was normal.

Investigated it myself, bizarrely taking the rear wheels off and applying copper grease to the spigots fixed it. Only explanation I could think of was some weird harmonic from the davenport wheels as it only did it with those installed.

Mat

My van does this.
2022 with about 20k on clock. I just thought maybe is rear springs or something settling.

Doesn’t do it all the time.
Have recently had rear lower spring mounts changed for horrific powerflex that squeak like HELL and hasn’t made the stopping squeak worse - so that’s ruled out haha….

Let me know what you find out. It doesn’t really bother me but interested to see if a cause is found.

Back