SoLow Suspension

How do you find it driving over potholes and speed bumps when it's set near the highest setting?

I find it's perfectly fine, I get no scrapping but I'm always careful anyways. I was running 18" sportlines with 255/45/18 tyres and that was ok

What do you think in reality the highest setting is I want to lower mine but only a bit for now
They come roughly 70-100mm lower than standard out the box. I'm currently 360mm from centre of the wheel to arch lip

They come roughly 70-100mm lower than standard out the box. I'm currently 360mm from centre of the wheel to arch lip
Cheers don’t know if that’s to much for what I want but the ability to drop lower would be good

I'm considering solows when I finally get my new van..... alot of pot holes and bumpy roads down here in West Cornwall though - thanks for the info. Loving the look of your van though!!

Nice - bronze on grey.... great combo!!!

Yet in your mind you'd think it wouldn't.
I was actually quite surprised how well the colours went together, because Pure Grey is one of the most awkward colours to get a wheel to work with, that isn't Black, as Mark will confirm.

On a side note with Solow's, the lower end of the adjustment is proving to be rather impractical. Yeah it looks the nuts and it's not actually that far off Air lows, but as a static daily work van, it's getting stupid now.

A road closure on the A47 the other day near me, threw me onto a side road that had a small hump-back bridge that I literally got beached on. I'm used to the sound of my plastics catching speed humps and aware certain customer driveway angles I cannot get on, but to be beached on my exhaust, having to reverse several cars behind me is seriously making me reconsider my styling options.

Yeah, that's what worries me - even on the highest setting they might be too low for me..... I'm also looking at the twin adjust max low coilers, I'd probably lower to the highest setting and see how that goes for a while, I've then got a fairly big scope to lower. TUV approved too!!

Yeah, that's what worries me - even on the highest setting they might be too low for me..... I'm also looking at the twin adjust max low coilers, I'd probably lower to the highest setting and see how that goes for a while, I've then got a fairly big scope to lower. TUV approved too!!
The normal Twin adjust has Approval apparently but i would doubt the max low would have it . , The drop height is the main thing that TUV check for safety ??

The difference between proper coil overs and Sleeve overs :-
The Sleeve over large diameter spring runs above the tyre and with out the Spring seat that a normal shock has to protect the tyre , If the spring snapped it could go straight through the tyre .

A proper Coil over kit cant do that because the spring is Small diameter and hugs the shock tightly ,B14  front   shock .jpegIMG_4205.jpgIMG_4204.jpg

As you can see the standard shocks have a larger platform that is bigger than the Spring , so if a spring broke it wont hit the tyre >

Last edited:
Oh.... I thought I read somewhere that they are TUV approved, I must be mistaken as I'm sure you would know better than myself!! I guess there's no other options for low TUV approved coil overs that are somewhere inbetween solows and B14s??

I've mentioned before and also, the guys at Transporter HQ will openly warn potential Solow customers that Solow is the extreme end of static lows, and if its not slammed low you want, they have a full range of options available. A good supplier and fitter will establish what you require before selling you a product. A not so good one will just sell you what you click.

Yet in your mind you'd think it wouldn't.
I was actually quite surprised how well the colours went together, because Pure Grey is one of the most awkward colours to get a wheel to work with, that isn't Black, as Mark will confirm.

On a side note with Solow's, the lower end of the adjustment is proving to be rather impractical. Yeah it looks the nuts and it's not actually that far off Air lows, but as a static daily work van, it's getting stupid now.

A road closure on the A47 the other day near me, threw me onto a side road that had a small hump-back bridge that I literally got beached on. I'm used to the sound of my plastics catching speed humps and aware certain customer driveway angles I cannot get on, but to be beached on my exhaust, having to reverse several cars behind me is seriously making me reconsider my styling options.
I know which way you are going with this and I don’t blame you mate! Like you say if it’s a daily ‘work’ van, it needs to be sort of practical? :whistle:

Just checked the THQ and chilli jam vans websites... the max lows are TUV approved, so I may well go down that route - anyone else running max lows??

I know which way you are going with this and I don’t blame you mate! Like you say if it’s a daily ‘work’ van, it needs to be sort of practical? :whistle:

It is practical 95% of the time and I just don't know if I can bring myself to be 'sensible' for that other 5%

Considering swapping my KW V1 out for some solow coilovers... is there anyone local to Nottingham that could take me for a ride in their van with solows please!?

This is what height I have the KW at and hopefully the solow won't be too much lower but a little more comfy...?

20211008_181121.jpg

Looking at that photo solows will be way lower, even on the highest setting they’re low. Look on solow website there’s plenty of images with vans on they’re highest setting.

Back