So what does everyone do for a living?

BT lifer, started at 17, retired at 52, never worked so hard since leaving ;)
Now I help with our family business, a Boarding Kennels, if you need s**t shovelling, I'm your man.
Theres other boring stuff in my profile.
Cheers
Phil

Recently retired from the Prison Service...now working p/t at 2 jobs...
1. Delivery Driver
2. Building (very big) RC model aircraft
Bet you're glad to be out of the prison service. Regularly went to two (in the course of business!) not a million miles from you....hmmmm!
Just checked out Fighteraces......my god! THAT.......is my idea of heaven......wouldn't even ask for a wage! I love all that sh*t!!! What an amazing part time job!!! :thumbsup:

Just checked out the Hawk jet.....awesome paint job! How on earth do you mask something like that and get no feathered edges on the paint? I've always thought I was ok when it came to masking......turns out I'm not! Staggering paint job!!

After 31 years in HMPS, it was time for a change, the driving job is to pay the bills, the other ‘Model building’ job is an incredible stroke of good fortune for me albeit I’ve been building my own model planes for very many years, this is altogether to a different level although the same skills are employed and the bigger ones are less ‘fiddly’ to work on....

@GJH I'm an R/C nut too, I know Fighteraces from Elvington LMA meets, & the Nats of course...
You probably know Scotty Cupello too. I'm more into the equipment, converting & modernising obsolete gear,
nothing commercial, non profit, just to keep the old stuff where it belongs, down the flying field!
Heres my R/C webby www.singlechannel.co.uk and my channel PHILG2864
Cheers
Phil

Hi Phil, we’ve conversed before on the net....I have followed your single channel stuff for a while and am very happy building retro planes, mostly Vic Smeed stuff, and have competed in the Bowden for the past few years, just finished a Pushycat for this years comp....never met Scott yet, but I’m sure I will at some point. The push button rc was slightly before my time but I like your 2.4 conversions into the older stuff

Working loooong hours ( 60-70 each week ), Self Employed, and loving it.
Basically i'm living of my hobby - Bussiness is by the way Repairing / Restoring / Upgrading High End Audio Equipment like Mark Levinson, Proceed, JBL, Revel, Lexicon, Accuphase, McIntosh, ElectroCompagniet and others - More Normal product's we fix is REGA, Arcam, Harman Kardon, and other various brands. At present we have "Regular Costumers" in about 30 countries in 5 continent's, and stilll loving it all - Plus i get to buy a new VW once in a while, as Work Vehicle... :)
Some say i should stop burning both end's of the candle - But when i'm loving what i do, is it then Burning Double ??
I tend to say, we can fix all, and we do it NoCureNoPay - When particularly arrogant i'd say our skill's is directly in scale with the costumers will and ability to pay... :)
Bussiness is ByTheWay in Denmark - Mid Jutland ( Viborg )

/ Lars

Basically i'm living of my hobby - Bussiness is by the way Repairing / Restoring / Upgrading High End Audio Equipment like Mark Levinson, Proceed, JBL, Revel, Lexicon, Accuphase, McIntosh, ElectroCompagniet and others - More Normal product's we fix is REGA, Arcam, Harman Kardon, and other various brands. At present we have "Regular Costumers" in about 30 countries in 5 continent's, and stilll loving it all - Plus i get to buy a new VW once in a while, as Work Vehicle... :)
Some say i should stop burning both end's of the candle - But when i'm loving what i do, is it then Burning Double ??
I tend to say, we can fix all, and we do it NoCureNoPay - When particularly arrogant i'd say our skill's is directly in scale with the costumers will and ability to pay... :)

/ Lars
That’s awesome, I was originally an audio engineer. I had a residential recording studio out in Spain until technology made the business redundant. I had a fair amount of Lexicon outboard hardware too. Sounds like you’ve got a brilliant job. Pleasure to (virtually) meet you. :thumbsup:

Recently retired from the Prison Service...now working p/t at 2 jobs...

My father was a lifer in the prison service, but thankfully on the same side as you.
A very tough job and a little underappreciated from my experience. (not that he ever moaned) He retired and now lives on a narrow boat in Cheshire. Oh and he helped build a huge marina over there recently.

/ Lars

Oh.....this thread is getting too much now! First R/C aircraft and now high end hifi! I love hifi.....not quite at that level though. My 20 year old system has been boxed up waiting for us to find a new home....can't wait to unpack it. Found the new home but it'll be a long time before my hifi's coming out! I had a nightmare getting the volume control pots on my Arcam replaced Lars.....I suspect it's now impossible or just not viable? :thumbsup:

My father was a lifer in the prison service, but thankfully on the same side as you.
A very tough job and a little underappreciated from my experience. (not that he ever moaned) He retired and now lives on a narrow boat in Cheshire. Oh and he helped build a huge marina over there recently.
I had a colleague who was a former Marine.....he was a PO for about 5 years. He said the lunatics had literally taken over the asylum and had to get out before he did something he'd regret.....and he was more than capable too. He was a straight talking sensible lad.....and hard as f*ck. He gave me a fascinating insight into the mind of your typical con. It was great to have him with me whenever I had to go into a prison "on business". Respect to your dad.....he'll have seen some change!!

My Father retired early because he'd had enough of what he claimed were the cons being treated like royalty and the offices being treated like mud. He's a tough old boy and I never saw him complain about anything, but I think physiologically it became very testing. I've actually got a few customers that are POs, and they don't speak very highly of the career. I think it's like most government jobs now, too much red tape and daft time wasting procedures, that only really benefit those on the wrong side of the rules. Bring back a world where common sense and experience prevailed.
Rant over...

Back