So what does everyone do for a living?

Both myself and my Mrs have quite stressful corporate jobs however at the moment I feel like we are getting a decent work life balance. We both have shares in the companies we work for and l am eligable for a decent payout in the next five years if as a business we achieve our goals so by then I will be 41 and she will be 39 which is alot better than I ever could have hoped for. We only get around 35 days a year leave however we have flexible working and are lucky enough to be able to work for fantastic employers.

Right now sat by the pool life feels pretty good

Teacher! Somebody has to do it! ‍
I trained as a teacher about ten years ago but packed it in, I wasn't cut out for it, would have been in prison now if I'd stayed at it. My missus is a teacher but thankfully on her last year so we'll both be retired next Easter. I've decided not to go back to work after my mother was put in a home so we're off on our travels next year with the T6 and hoping to spend about 5 months of the year dossing around Europe

I trained as a teacher about ten years ago but packed it in, I wasn't cut out for it, would have been in prison now if I'd stayed at it. My missus is a teacher but thankfully on her last year so we'll both be retired next Easter. I've decided not to go back to work after my mother was put in a home so we're off on our travels next year with the T6 and hoping to spend about 5 months of the year dossing around Europe
It's a grind, for sure. Once I find a van this summer, I'll be away every chance I get. Hoping to pick one up next week Course I'll still have the conversion to do, but next year I'm going to tour Europe for four weeks - if they'll still let us in like

I'm Working Dog Consultant. I train professional working dogs and consult other people/companies on how to develop their capability. Mainly work in explosive detection area, with Mine Detection Dogs. Travel all over the world. I admit to being insanely dedicated to my job, which I see as a hobby really. Even after doing it all my life.......

I'm Working Dog Consultant. I train professional working dogs and consult other people/companies on how to develop their capability. Mainly work in explosive detection area, with Mine Detection Dogs. Travel all over the world. I admit to being insanely dedicated to my job, which I see as a hobby really. Even after doing it all my life.......
The abilities of our faithful canine companions is amazing. Love watching the arson dogs at work.

O wow that is cool, impressed how they find explosives and now training to sniff out cancer. Least you not one of those so called Dog experts who like to rip people off

O wow that is cool, impressed how they find explosives and now training to sniff out cancer. Least you not one of those so called Dog experts who like to rip people off

No such thing as a 'dog expert'. Anyone who calls themselves a 'dog expert' is narrow minded, in my humble opinion. I know more than some people, but less than others. Even the novice can offer amazing advice, this has happened to me on many, many occassions. 'Dog Experts' are generally One Trick Ponies who have a 'My way or the highway' work ethic, but dogs are such individual animals, each with unique life and environment exposures that there is no 'one size fits all' training model for any type of working dog, or pet dog.

I've met some well known public figure 'Dog Experts' in my time. Some of them are good in their field, but most are rather gimicky I'm afraid. The thing with Working Dogs is that if I get it wrong when I train a Mine Detection Dog, I'm directly putting someones life, and those of others at direct risk. Thats why I take my job very, very seriously. No gimmicks.

Sorry, that kinda rant is now over!

No such thing as a 'dog expert'. Anyone who calls themselves a 'dog expert' is narrow minded, in my humble opinion. I know more than some people, but less than others. Even the novice can offer amazing advice, this has happened to me on many, many occassions. 'Dog Experts' are generally One Trick Ponies who have a 'My way or the highway' work ethic, but dogs are such individual animals, each with unique life and environment exposures that there is no 'one size fits all' training model for any type of working dog, or pet dog.

I've met some well known public figure 'Dog Experts' in my time. Some of them are good in their field, but most are rather gimicky I'm afraid. The thing with Working Dogs is that if I get it wrong when I train a Mine Detection Dog, I'm directly putting someones life, and those of others at direct risk. Thats why I take my job very, very seriously. No gimmicks.

Sorry, that kinda rant is now over!
My first job many years ago was a clearance diver with the navy, I can understand the need for careful training. Lord knows from what I remember of DEODs courses it was hard enough with people and people understand the danger involved whereas I imagine the dog will see it as a game of sorts. I have never seen a mine hunting dog so I wouldn't know for sure but hats off to you, that is some responsibility

My first job many years ago was a clearance diver with the navy, I can understand the need for careful training. Lord knows from what I remember of DEODs courses it was hard enough with people and people understand the danger involved whereas I imagine the dog will see it as a game of sorts. I have never seen a mine hunting dog so I wouldn't know for sure but hats off to you, that is some responsibility

i work with a lot of ex-military EOD guys and I have to say, all are outstanding professionals. I have worked side by side with EOD Operators. I find it, they deal with it........ Personally, The EOD guys have balls of steel ( Sometimes its funny to tell them that an MRUD has about 600 steel balls, also 6.5mm....... ;p) and I really dont have the nerves to 'disrupt' a target....... LMFAO

Had my face bitten open by a dog when I was three; basically gave me a second mouth!
But it never gave me any fear of them; quite the opposite I'd say.
I might be missing ours a wee bit too (she stays in the UK with friends while we go away)...!

i work with a lot of ex-military EOD guys and I have to say, all are outstanding professionals. I have worked side by side with EOD Operators. I find it, they deal with it........ Personally, The EOD guys have balls of steel ( Sometimes its funny to tell them that an MRUD has about 600 steel balls, also 6.5mm....... ;p) and I really dont have the nerves to 'disrupt' a target....... LMFAO
Never came across anything like that, mostly old ordnance from ww2. We helped clear Stanley at the end of the Falklands war, that was the only time we came across anything that was designed to kill personnel at that level, mostly gizzits or kids toys , does tend to make you focus

Last edited:
I'm a signmaker. Running my own business for 22 years. Located in the Dutch Amsterdam area.

Me too, 25 years man & boy in the sign game just across the water in Suffolk, occasionally get the lads to wrap my van just for a change!

Back