So what does everyone do for a living?

Really insightful thread! Lots of interesting backgrounds, experiences and views on life. Thanks for sharing.

I’m a consultant physical performance coach. Essentially, I help athletes to run/jump/lift stuff longer/higher/faster; with the aim to enchance their sporting success.

Currently also working on a PhD in applied sports science whilst attempting to claw back some work < LIFE “balance”. Hence, achieving my long time dream of owning a VW van!!! Pushing hard to achieve my life goal of not being such a rubbish surfer too! ✌️

I work at a University in the South West. I am a manager of learning resources. I lead teams of technical staff that support all the practical teaching and research as well as all the stuff and space we own in a very large faculty.

Its great. Extremely varied and a really vibrant workplace. I spend most days pretending I am still at uni as an undergrad.

Just set up my own company. Commercial catering engineer. Gas,electrical and refrigeration. Installation service and maintenance

By day I head up software engineering for a national heritage institution, by weekend I do similarly geeky work for the Air Force and in the evenings I persuade the likes of Facebook to buy bits for my van by hacking them to find security exploits.

Me and my mate own our own fit out company near Bristol. Make and manufacture joinery for office fit outs etc.

I’m a Contracts Manager for our family Construction Business. Not the most exciting but keeps me with plenty of toys for when I’m not at work :)

Interesting thread giving an insight into the individuals that make this forum so great.

I work in IT and have done for the last 23 years.

In my spare time I am heavily involved in Archery hence the VW to carry all the gear around.

Construction, sheet, tubular piling for foundation work - land, marine, offshore. Working in someones back garden at present in Leith - unbelievable project of underground basement for swimming/plunge pool, home cinema, wine cellar etc, how the other half live :)

I work in the general building trade fitting roofline/guttering.
My T6 is not used for work, but just to transport me and all my fishing gear on my travels.

I sell crisps and other junk food to shops/pubs. Before that I was in the infantry

Interesting thread giving an insight into the individuals that make this forum so great.

I work in IT and have done for the last 23 years.

In my spare time I am heavily involved in Archery hence the VW to carry all the gear around.
See them doing that at Harwell and now my son tells me Wallingford

I run a precision Engineering business. mainly Aerospace but we work in other sectors too.

Have been known to skim the odd cylinder head but not on newer engines!

wow I'm only a lowly branch manager for a roofing merchant long time till I can retire :(

Back