So what does everyone do for a living?

Really insightful thread! Lots of interesting backgrounds, experiences and views on life. Thanks for sharing.

I’m a consultant physical performance coach. Essentially, I help athletes to run/jump/lift stuff longer/higher/faster; with the aim to enchance their sporting success.

Currently also working on a PhD in applied sports science whilst attempting to claw back some work < LIFE “balance”. Hence, achieving my long time dream of owning a VW van!!! Pushing hard to achieve my life goal of not being such a rubbish surfer too! ✌️

I work at a University in the South West. I am a manager of learning resources. I lead teams of technical staff that support all the practical teaching and research as well as all the stuff and space we own in a very large faculty.

Its great. Extremely varied and a really vibrant workplace. I spend most days pretending I am still at uni as an undergrad.

Just set up my own company. Commercial catering engineer. Gas,electrical and refrigeration. Installation service and maintenance

By day I head up software engineering for a national heritage institution, by weekend I do similarly geeky work for the Air Force and in the evenings I persuade the likes of Facebook to buy bits for my van by hacking them to find security exploits.

I’m a Contracts Manager for our family Construction Business. Not the most exciting but keeps me with plenty of toys for when I’m not at work :)

Interesting thread giving an insight into the individuals that make this forum so great.

I work in IT and have done for the last 23 years.

In my spare time I am heavily involved in Archery hence the VW to carry all the gear around.

Construction, sheet, tubular piling for foundation work - land, marine, offshore. Working in someones back garden at present in Leith - unbelievable project of underground basement for swimming/plunge pool, home cinema, wine cellar etc, how the other half live :)

I work in the general building trade fitting roofline/guttering.
My T6 is not used for work, but just to transport me and all my fishing gear on my travels.

I sell crisps and other junk food to shops/pubs. Before that I was in the infantry

Interesting thread giving an insight into the individuals that make this forum so great.

I work in IT and have done for the last 23 years.

In my spare time I am heavily involved in Archery hence the VW to carry all the gear around.
See them doing that at Harwell and now my son tells me Wallingford

I run a precision Engineering business. mainly Aerospace but we work in other sectors too.

Have been known to skim the odd cylinder head but not on newer engines!

wow I'm only a lowly branch manager for a roofing merchant long time till I can retire :(

Back