So what does everyone do for a living?

I think I would like to do that job very much...... sounds really nice.

It's ok but it can be a bit stressy, which is why I got into yoga to help with the stress and ended up training to be a teacher. The dream is to do more teaching and less flood forecasting as I get older. We'll see.

Sales Director for a global TPM company.

Work for a research and technology organisation, responsible for subtractive manufacturing

My job is mass void filling using a combination of graded coarse and fine fillers bound together with finely grounded calcined limestone using Mechanical means over long distances....;)

Respect. I was a firefighter on RN warships, total respect @mopardave ;)
Amazing how many ex forces end up in sales or BD. I think it must come from being forces to interact personally as part of a team from a young age, there is no way to hide from it, coupled with the empathy negotiaion skills gained on tours.

Funnily enough I'm ex signals but work sales and BD for the company that supplies the firsfighting helmets for the RN, maybe we should swap :slow rofl:

Sounds like an easy job

TPM- Total ProductMaintenance

That job description sounds easy.
TPM- Third Party Maintainer re IT infrastructure.
I am but a humble wood butcher, I know nothing of these technical things

Doesn’t matter what or where you work or how your employed...we all earn a crust...and then we are all guilty of owning a Van...

ps Sometimes wish I didn’t then I might have a healthy bank balance...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

but remember you clever types some of us don’t always get these new job titles....back in my day it was Army..RAF..RN...and you picked the best one ...any thing for an easy life...:inlove:

Amazing how many ex forces end up in sales or BD. I think it must come from being forces to interact personally as part of a team from a young age, there is no way to hide from it, coupled with the empathy negotiaion skills gained on tours.

Funnily enough I'm ex signals but work sales and BD for the company that supplies the firsfighting helmets for the RN, maybe we should swap :slow rofl:
The amount of doors being ex forces opens is unbelievable.

i believe it’s their negotiation skills, having it bred into you to be a team player and always looking neat and tidy. :cool:

Last edited:
Back