So what does everyone do for a living?

Cop. (About to retire).
I retired in Jan after 30 (22 of those on a firearms unit)aged 52 and it’s the best thing ever. I’ve no intention of getting another job, at least not yet. Have a break, have a proper chill and take some time for yourself, you’ve earned it.
I’m just riding my mountain bike, doing some transportation for the local wildlife rescue and enjoying not working 12 hour shifts.

That is absolutely my intention. ;)
Contracted COVID last October that I never really shook, that led to a stoke in January. I am making a really good recovery but won't be fit to resume before I get my full 30 in in July. Now back on my bike and able to walk the dog, so my fitness is improving. At 54, it's time for some time with Mrs F doing what WE want to do. I'll find "something" on MY terms with as little responsibility as possible in the fullness of time. Enjoy your retirement Brother.

I retired in Jan after 30 (22 of those on a firearms unit)aged 52 and it’s the best thing ever. I’ve no intention of getting another job, at least not yet. Have a break, have a proper chill and take some time for yourself, you’ve earned it.
I’m just riding my mountain bike, doing some transportation for the local wildlife rescue and enjoying not working 12 hour shifts.
Similar to me, 20 years of my career was on Firearms, retired a couple of years ago also at 52, I can't recommend it enough! I'm never bored, I don't have time for a proper job and neither do I want one. I do what I want when I want and enjoy the freedom.
After 25 years of 12 hour day and night shifts I'm not sure my body clock will ever adjust to a normal life though!
@DaveFid I hope you make a quick and full recovery and can get on with enjoying the retirement you earned! :thumbsup:

Contracted COVID last October that I never really shook, that led to a stoke in January. I am making a really good recovery but won't be fit to resume before I get my full 30 in in July. Now back on my bike and able to walk the dog, so my fitness is improving. At 54, it's time for some time with Mrs F doing what WE want to do. I'll find "something" on MY terms with as little responsibility as possible in the fullness of time. Enjoy your retirement Brother.
Sounds like you’ve had a tough time. Makes you realise it’s just a job. I was stressed without noticing it-and I had an easy job. I’m so relaxed now. You will become a different person I promise.
Enjoy your quality time with Mrs F and keep well. See you at a forum meet one day maybe.

Hopefully they’ll do the right thing and top up. Time to be selfish and focus on you now

I have a fabrication business. We only work in stainless, with 90%+ in the Pharma and Biotech sectors.
We design and manufacture equipment which is used in the production of tablets, solutions, vaccines and gel caps, to treat and combat everything from hay fever to cancer.
On the more "entertaining" side of things, we've also made staircases, sculptures, outdoor kitchens, fireplace fenders etc etc........ it's all cutting, drilling and welding!

I have a fabrication business. We only work in stainless, with 90%+ in the Pharma and Biotech sectors.
We design and manufacture equipment which is used in the production of tablets, solutions, vaccines and gel caps, to treat and combat everything from hay fever to cancer.
On the more "entertaining" side of things, we've also made staircases, sculptures, outdoor kitchens, fireplace fenders etc etc........ it's all cutting, drilling and welding!
Hi Nobby Diesel!
Welcome to the group , I also have a Business in Pipework Fabrication/ Welding /Engineering, also use my unit for playing with van with a 4 ton 2 post lift:cool:

Cop. (About to retire).

Same as. I retired in 2017 after 30 years, 20 years on Firearms. For my sins I worked with @Bigsidavies for a lot of it!
Spent a couple of years afterwards delivering trauma training to several forces. I have retired for good now (I think) and will do more travelling with the van that I collect tomorrow.

Same as. I retired in 2017 after 30 years, 20 years on Firearms. For my sins I worked with @Bigsidavies for a lot of it!
Spent a couple of years afterwards delivering trauma training to several forces. I have retired for good now (I think) and will do more travelling with the van that I collect tomorrow.
And to think you used to take the piss out of my “tin tent” when I had a caravan. I was just ahead of my time.

And to think you used to take the piss out of my “tin tent” when I had a caravan. I was just ahead of my time.
Yeah, but it was a caravan!. You may remember Sarah always said if I ever bought a caravan she'd divorce me and you know who wears the trousers in my house!

Anyway we move on...

Back