So what does everyone do for a living?

I was part if the trials development and first deployment team for the vikings. Had to drive them from Pakistan boarder into Af.
@Fish @VanDamMan @widu13 @Eli1264
All these fancy military toys. Pakistan. Afghanistan. Sounds like a walk in the park. Think yourselves lucky you weren't deployed into Govan on one of these...

Screenshot_20200403-185106_Firefox.jpg

Last edited:
Started working life as a mechanic, then went into the building trade and then into policing. At the grand old age of 47 in a few weeks I start as a Police Officer
If you can’t beat em....then join them ( are you fitting blue lights to your van ) only joking ....welcome :laugh:

Think yourselves lucky you weren't deployed into Govan on one of these...

screenshot_20200403-185106_firefox-jpg.64928

I'd love to see one over-cook a stoppie... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Might as well pitch in here........Served apprenticeship in Ford main dealer, worked in an independant and then a Toyota main dealer before returning to Ford. Made redundant in early nineties and ended up working in a agricultural feed mill. Dull as ditch water job but increased my salary by fifty percent overnight!! Left that once my self build was finished and tried being an instructor in an FE college (motor vehicle dept) Hated every f****** second of it! went back on the tools and when I finished in 2005 I was a master technician in a Skoda dealership. Left that to start working in partnership with my wife, we took over her family's Painting and decorating business, been doing this now for fifteen years and never looked back. We'll never be millionaires but our work/life balance is pretty good.... Took a lump sum out of my pension when corona started and paid off my mortgage. Took the SEISS grant and a bounce back loan, bought the T6..... looking forward to using it dual purpose, camping at superbikes and the work drive too. I will need to be tidier with my work equipment once I've done some camping type fit out.

I’m an electrician by trade, full time served If it runs off electric I can fit it and fix it. Currently a n electrical project manager. Tools are slowly rusting away

I used to jet off around the world, now I spend all my time sitting in the living room. (Or living in the sitting room)

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Back