So what does everyone do for a living?

Consulting Electrical Engineer - resulting in much UK travel. Every job comes with some form of tedium though so I'm not complaining.

My mate flies those spinny things at humberside
I’ll know them or they’ll know me or somebody else there. It’s a small world in the helicopter sphere. + 25 years at Humberside and the b@stards fly over my house on finals.

Im a carpenter by trade , but got more into fitting kitchens and now i have a small Kitchen and bathroom fitting company.

... it's been a year since I'm retired ... after 43 years of work as an engineer in road works ... it was a lot more light work than what I have now ... escape from his wife hahaha

Wholetime Firefighter sunny Brighton... blimey 24 years now ... carpenter 2nd job, mainly wooden flooring and kitchens

Air traffic controller - Have been in the same company for 29 years this year and still enjoy it!

IT Geek. Did my time in Corporate IT, and now run IT for a small company. It's alot more hands on, but very varied and without alot of the stresses of corporate life.

OH, and it's 20 minutes from home!

Pretty boring compared to most on here, family business, dad retired so just me and my bro, private landlord, 3000 tenants and 115 staff, 50+ vans.

I run the maintenance department, there's never a day goes by when you don't think 'how are people that stupid?!?'

Tenant - "Hi, there's a spider in my flat, please can you send somebody around asap?" Landlord - "No!"
Tenant - "Hi, my boiler isn't working, can you send an engineer?" Landlord - "Have you got any gas credit? before we send somebody" Tenant - "No gas credit, does it matter?"
Tenant - "Hi, there's something wrong with your electrics, when I plug my kettle in the trip switch blows" Landlord - "It's your kettle" Tenant - "No it's not!"
Tenant - "Hi, I have really bad damp and mould, it's against my human rights to live like this" Landlord - "It's a new-build flat, when we visited you had every window shut, tumble dryer sat in the hallway, wet clothes on the rads etc"

*bangs head against brick wall*

After 25 years at it, I can assure you its not that appealing anymore :whistle:

Ditto, I did 25 years as Ch Mechanic on marine seismic survey ships, not many quiet shifts and never any boring days but I chucked it in and retired. Catching up with lost sleep.

Sales Engineer for Rubrik (Cloud Data Management company)
Also have music rehearsal and recording studios near Glasgow.

Back