So what does everyone do for a living?

Worked for nearly 30 years as a area manager for a relocation company, moved hospitals, RSPCA world headquarters, factory moves, Mod sites, Cabinet Ministers, ,Ceo's etc. Hired and fired far too many people and sorted out all the crap that comes with running a business.

Had a visit from the redundancy fairies in 2017, now work doing estimates and working on the vans for a local remover. Best thing to happen to me, no stress, no HR issues or anything else, been to Mull, Barcelona, load of moves all over UK and I love it.

Sales Engineer for Rubrik (Cloud Data Management company)
Also have music rehearsal and recording studios near Glasgow.

Well, we bought about £50K of this Rubrik kit for a project. Well, licences anyway as it's all virtual. Imagine my delight when just before Christmas the local Rep (Account Manager o_O) called, thanking me for my order and saying there was a nice package coming in the post to me. What could it be I thought, just in time for Christmas, fine wine, whiskey, Fortnum's hamper ? Either ways, I was expecting a nice Christmas box, like all of the proper suppliers send!

Imagine my disappointment as I opened the box, in an office of long haired, black T shirt wearing Linux admin unwashed types. Some general tut, a triangle and fecking black T shirt with a cryptic Python (Monty, not programming). No alcohol. No chocs or tickets to the rugby.

20200330_200801_resized.jpg 20200330_200849_resized_1.jpg

A fecking triangle. What the juddering feck were the marketing department thinking of ?! I'm sure it was nothing to do with @TitanCamper, he's up there, I'm down south.

The best thing about the package was the drawstring bag the triangle came in. It's put me off the cloud for life.:unsure:

Sorry, thread hijack and no T6s. I am so bored in lockdown that I read the forum back so many pages for this thread resurrection.:geek:

Well, we bought about £50K of this Rubrik kit for a project. Well, licences anyway as it's all virtual. Imagine my delight when just before Christmas the local Rep (Account Manager o_O) called, thanking me for my order and saying there was a nice package coming in the post to me. What could it be I thought, just in time for Christmas, fine wine, whiskey, Fortnum's hamper ? Either ways, I was expecting a nice Christmas box, like all of the proper suppliers send!

Imagine my disappointment as I opened the box, in an office of long haired, black T shirt wearing Linux admin unwashed types. Some general tut, a triangle and fecking black T shirt with a cryptic Python (Monty, not programming). No alcohol. No chocs or tickets to the rugby.

View attachment 64518 View attachment 64519

A fecking triangle. What the juddering feck were the marketing department thinking of ?! I'm sure it was nothing to do with @TitanCamper, he's up there, I'm down south.

The best thing about the package was the drawstring bag the triangle came in. It's put me off the cloud for life.:unsure:

Sorry, thread hijack and no T6s. I am so bored in lockdown that I read the forum back so many pages for this thread resurrection.:geek:

Can you PM me the name of the Account Manager please and I'll have a word.
That's unacceptable.
You should only have got 1 item.....

Joking aside, PM me the name of the account manager or your company details and I'll sort you out with some better swag.
If anyone else wants help with your companies data protection (or need tooled up to join your local triangle ensemble) then drop me a line.

What did I do...RAF for 23yrs....delivering and supplying everything that you could think of...best fun moment driving up 18 ft snow drifts up Mt Kent..in a BV206 hugglund
Then 19yrs for a major pharma company ..first 11yrs packing and inspecting human health drugs for world markets.. last 8 yrs manufacture of animal health antibiotics using kit that’s out of the ark ..very hands on..

88592054-29C1-4A73-918B-FFD9FA620C3E.jpeg 34D205F4-D24A-43B6-AD28-04BDC79732B3.jpeg 4541E5B8-6D14-4A85-9CCA-E1AA5F318763.jpeg
beats me old chemistry set.....

My sons first job as an apprentice with the MOD at Abbeywood was to design a way of testing the fire suppression in B.V.'s without killing the tester as it's an oxygen replacement system

Many computer suites and server rooms in larger office blocks used to have an Halon bomb connected to the fire alarm system, there was basically a short window to get out before the Halon was released and any stragglers got suffocated.

Yes, we looked at building a data centre in an old nuclear shelter, they have switched to very fine water vapour for this very reason. Never converted it in the end, cost of getting the cooling sorted was prohibitive for the size of shelter.

Apols, didn't know if you knew that AMF were using BVs in the 80s onwards and MoD(A) were recently using Vikings.
Don’t apologise....come on ...we can all share ...big boys toys :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: Eli
Back