Sliding Internal Cover (for Pop Top Roofs)?

scotia

Mechanical engineer
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hello,

i've seen on the web a sliding hatch thingy that covers the opening of the upstairs - anyone have any info on this?

we have an sca pop top, i think the 192 for lwb..

Theres a company called interslider / camper wizard that sell what you are looking for, I believe that they are on Facebook and should be able to help with any info / questions.

My SCA 192 already has a sliding front section. Have you any pics?

ah ok thanks.. maybe its not the 192... its the lwb version without the fancy locking mechanism...

i'll have a look at that company and see..

I've a T6 and I was wondering is there such a thing as a roof shutter. The California has a roller blind that pulls from the edge of the bed to the cab which sound proofs the roof, my van has the gap from the bed edge to the cab and sometimes there's a bit of wind noise. Is there anything on the market that I can buy to add to the van ceiling that can be attached to seal the gap while in transit and can be removed when the roof is up?

Who is the manufacturer of your roof, a hatch is sometimes an added extra to the installation.

Morning all, anyone know if "interslider/camper wizard" are still trading? I cant find them on facebook and was looking at getting a sliding hatch cover for a reimo roof on a LWB. Any ideas?

Theres a company called interslider / camper wizard that sell what you are looking for, I believe that they are on Facebook and should be able to help with any info / questions.
Morning all, anyone know if "interslider/camper wizard" are still trading? I cant find them on facebook and was looking at getting a sliding hatch cover for a reimo roof on a LWB. Any ideas?
Dissolved 2020.

Looking at fitting a sliding panel to my pop top, to hide the canvas. Anyone got any pictures that will help me?
Guess it needs some c shapped aluminum trim or something similar.
Many thanks

@Slackerpage. I would suggest that how you do it really depends on what pop top you've got and therefore how much room there is above the bedboard. I did mine some time ago and have posted about it on here a few times in response to others - I've refined it over a couple of years but basically it's a piece of 18mm (I think!) spruce board cut to shape. To access the roof straps, I simply push the bed board upwards (it will move up about 50cm) and then slide the hatch cover backwards and under it - it doesn't need 'c shapped aluminum trim or something similar' (whatever that is) or, indeed anything else. The temptation that I succumbed to at first was to overthink it but once I'd got my head around it, I realised that simple was best. Unfortunately, I'm not able to take any new pictures for a few days but will do so when I get back home. There are some on here already but it's changed a bit since I last posted as I realised that no handles were needed and I've added a thin strip of carpeted wood to completely cover the gap between it and the bed as I took a small amount off of the edge to account for expansion and contraction of the timber. Hope this is clear. Let me know if you need any more but as mentioned above, I'll take some pictures of the final version in the week.

PS. Apart from cutting down on noise and making the internal roof much tidier, it also makes a really useful and large shelf for putting misc. stuff on when the pop top is up and we wouldn't be without it nowadays!

Last edited:
Ours came pre-fitted with one but it looks really simple to make and would work with any pop top so long as the canvas can all fit above the roof line. It is just some C channels and some plywood that is carpet lined with a metal hand hold routed into it.

I used two aluminium "u" bars mounted under my roof bed. Then fitted and shaped 12mm plywood. Got some carpet and glue with a handle. For a first attempt I was pretty happyIMG_0206.JPEGIMG_0209.JPEG

Ours came pre-fitted with one but it looks really simple to make and would work with any pop top so long as the canvas can all fit above the roof line. It is just some C channels and some plywood that is carpet lined with a metal hand hold routed into it.
Do you have any pics please? Thanks.

Back