Rear Head Height

mindthegap

Hi,

I've looked at several T6 conversions now and there is a fairly large difference in internal head height with the pop tops down when I sit on the back seat. I'm 6 foot 4 and on some vans I can't sit up at all whereas on others I can just about.

This is even with the same seats (RIB 130CM) however different poptops. The RIB seat with a Skyline roof seemed to have a lot more head height than a RIB with an Austops roof when both roofs are down.

Ideally I am looking for a wider bed conversion (130CM) with slimline cabinets and a pop top where I can still sit up on the rear seats when the roof is down. Any other tall people on the forum who have managed this Thanks!

Hi,

I too am 6 foot 4 and we install RIB's in all of our conversions. We also use the Reimo superflat as standard as well and i can comfortably sit in one of our conversions, the 130cm version also is fine...

We do have a SWB with RIB and Reimo fitted that you're more than welcome to take a look at to get a feel for things, although it does have a 112cm as opposed to the 130cm you're looking for!

Thanks Brandon

Thanks Brandon. Unfortunately I'm the other end of the country from you. Just to confirm though, you mean you can sit comfortably with the Reimo roof down? Thanks

Thanks Brandon. Unfortunately I'm the other end of the country from you. Just to confirm though, you mean you can sit comfortably with the Reimo roof down? Thanks
No problem! And yes I can. Just to note it is a little bit lower with a roofbed also fitted!
If I am to sit bolt upright and stretch out my head will touch the roofbed but sitting normally I am comfortable

We have a Reimo (with a roofbed), and the VW Cali seat/bed for the very reason you've outlined. I'm 6'2" and can travel quite comfortably on it. On like note, many of the alternatives are so high that you can't get your feet on the floor. Not great when travelling, and not great using it as a seat when camping in it.

Back