Sliding door step light

Rob-Harrison1979

Hi all, the light on the sliding door side step has never worked, (T6) I’ve change the bulb and no luck, how easy is the step to pull up to check the wiring? Has anyone else had this issue, any help would be great, thanks

Hi all, the light on the sliding door side step has never worked, (T6) I’ve change the bulb and no luck, how easy is the step to pull up to check the wiring? Has anyone else had this issue, any help would be great, thanks

If you use a trim tool, the step just pulls up - see photo for where the clips are:

1616019324067.png

If it’s just a step with an unconnected light, see this thread for connection options

I’m still baffled, the light fitting and bulb is new and I’ve had the step up and the wiring looks ok, it runs the length of the step and goes under the flooring,

Im just wiring up
My electrics and was wondering if anyone has used the interior light wiring to light up the footwell of the sliding door? As im using led lighting for my rear compartment, i want some lighting to come on when the sliding door is opened and was wondering if i can use the wiring thats already there and just run it down the b pillar and attach a different light that is just on/off when door opens and closes. Also, can i drill a hole for a small light at the bottom of the b pillar where it widens near the bottom?

Im just wiring up
My electrics and was wondering if anyone has used the interior light wiring to light up the footwell of the sliding door? As im using led lighting for my rear compartment, i want some lighting to come on when the sliding door is opened and was wondering if i can use the wiring thats already there and just run it down the b pillar and attach a different light that is just on/off when door opens and closes. Also, can i drill a hole for a small light at the bottom of the b pillar where it widens near the bottom?
That’s where the OEM light feed would be taken from - you should have a plug in the loom that you can connect with.
See this thread -

https://www.t6forum.com/threads/factory-light-loom-plugs-in-roof.11110/

Back