Factory Light Loom Plugs In Roof

Ann3x

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Installing my LED strip lights atm using the great @travelvolts kit to get simple operation on door circuit / perm via a 3 way switch + relay. I want to do 2 circuits - 1 for sides, 1 for rear which means I need 2 "spare" plugs from the OEM loom to plug the travelvolts loom into.

I have a Hilo in and my roof lights are (fairly obviously) not OEM which is complicating things.

I've found one spare plug in the cable bundle that runs down the LHS but can't find any other spare plugs obvious.

Anyone know how many plugs there should be on the ceiling loom (Kombi highline base van) or any other spare plug locations?

Or should I just tap into the loom direct?

Should be 2 down the passenger side, one at the back and 0ne by the end of the sliding door. The convertor might of taped them up though.

Being that it’s a Hilo you have fitted, the central light will likely be floating around above your sliding door, with the rear one dangling down above the rear wheel arch (unless they’ve trimmed it back).
When you find one, you’ll be able to trace it to the other.

Being that it’s a Hilo you have fitted, the central light will likely be floating around above your sliding door, with the rear one dangling down above the rear wheel arch (unless they’ve trimmed it back).
When you find one, you’ll be able to trace it to the other.

I've found one mid way up the LHS in the cable bundle. Cant find another but havent checked in panels yet tbf.

That will be the mid one, the other factory one is further back and splits out of the main loom above the rear wheel arch

That will be the mid one, the other factory one is further back and splits out of the main loom above the rear wheel arch
Great, I'll poke around in the wheel arch tomorrow hopefully it's around.

Ahhh... OK.

I have a rear window in so might have been bundled or trimmed. Least I know where it should be now.

Thanks guys.

Not finding anything .... Wonder if it was trimmed back in conversion.

Apart from the plug by the c pillar only thing I can find is a tucked away bigger plug bundle that pretty well stuck in the roof recess (the individually wrapped loom in photo below) is that where my second lighting plug should be?

MVIMG_20190224_101037.jpg

If no plug I guess I can tap off the other plug

the three cables will be a brown one, a brown with red stripe and a red with a coloured stripe so yes it does look like them

the three cables will be a brown one, a brown with red stripe and a red with a coloured stripe so yes it does look like them
Yeah that bit starts on the lighting plug I have found, heads down to the photo area then just loops back into the main loom and heads back towards the cab.

There is a chunky plug (much bigger than the lighting plug) attached to the fabric wrapped loom in the photo tucked really far into the recess but doesn't want to come back out.

If I want the light in the Kombi step to come on with the courtesy lights am I right in thinking I need to tap into these wires?
However the step light has only 2, so which of the 3 do I use please?

Red/black (+ve) and brown/red (-ve) :thumbsup:

Back