Electric side step for siding door,

paul5319

Right help required, as anyone fitted an Electric side step under the sliding door on a T6 ( 2018 ) ,If so what type and how did you wire this up as the missis is now finding it hard stepping up into the campervan also I was thinking of a handle on the B post.

Hi i tried to find one for my t6 caravelle for our disabled son nearly everyone i contacted said the fuel tank sits below the passenger side side door so it would require major work including the manufacture of new brackets:(

I had a look into them a while back. Prices varied at around £1500-2000. Private hire cabs use a similar type so maybe worth looking for that. That's as far I went though and just decided on side steps instead. They look good and they help the wife get in and out a lot easier. The side steps just bolt into the sill/body area so I would have thought the elec ones would go into the same holes?? I never dropped the fuel tank, unless it's for the cables but there's a gromet under the front seats that can be used. Good luck.

I had a look into them a while back. Prices varied at around £1500-2000. Private hire cabs use a similar type so maybe worth looking for that. That's as far I went though and just decided on side steps instead. They look good and they help the wife get in and out a lot easier. The side steps just bolt into the sill/body area so I would have thought the elec ones would go into the same holes?? I never dropped the fuel tank, unless it's for the cables but there's a gromet under the front seats that can be used. Good luck.
Thanks JDC I'm now looking into the full length electric steps which fit on both sides which will help getting into the cab also..

Back