Skyline Roofs now accommodates mattress storage

MRA15

VIP Member
I've just turned up to the party and invested in a T6 Kombi. It’s kind of a add as we go kind of project depending on what we want/need But a must is a pop top roof. I have done lots of research through this forum and speaking to people I know and I think I’m there.

correction I know I’m there, after speaking to multiple people I was edging towards skyline roofs. I like the aurora range but put off by not being able to store the mattress. That was until today when I went down there.

They have made a modification to the aurora range over last 12 months so although raised it slightly to allow a 35mm mattress it is still slimline and less depth than the standard. Just wanted to note the aurora now accommodates mattress storage as previous advice sought on here and from friends stated it wouldn’t so glad I asked. Just got to wait for booking in date now.

I’ve got an aurora roof fitted. It’s only 3months old and mine won’t close with a duvalay mattress topper on the bed and that’s only 25mm

Did you get mattress from skyline or got your own ? Are you saying you have a topper on top of the mattress ? Just curious, as slightly confused when they have stated mattress can stay up. Have you queries this with them ? How do you find the roof other than the mattress element of it (I appreciate mattress is big thing hence the time I’ve been researching)

Last edited:
I have the Aurora, I got one of their Memory Foam matresses but gave it back as it was no use at all, so thin that it just flattened when you lay on it, might as well have not been there.
Went with an inflatable one instead from Decathlon, much more comfortable, a little more trouble to set up and down but it is possible to store up in the roof when deflated.

I’ve not queried it. the duvalay wraps a
Way quite small and to be honest the duvalay needs airing after being up there for the weekend. The roof is great with a great locking system fitted. If I could do it all again I would get a California roof fitted.
Check this link out

Ishawy, will have a look cheers. I do like the aurora and look just the mattress issue being main component spending all this money on it

Isn’t their mattress around £80? Save your money and buy something else, 120cm wide is the max you need.

Isn’t their mattress around £80? Save your money and buy something else, 120cm wide is the max you need.
Is their mattress that pointless correct £80 from them. What do you use ? Do you leave yours up deflated ? Cheers

Mine’s a combi with a pop top, I can convert it to carry a motorbike by removing the 2 left most seats and replacing them with a wheel chock, that way I can keep the bike safe and sleep upstairs. The plan is to fit a kitchen unit on the right hand side removing one seat but the functionality remains to have either bike or 2 rear seats when required.
With an inflatable bed, I turn the mattress upside down end to end to inflate and deflate, then fold the edges in to clear the hinges and the valve sits in the hole above the slider while the roof is down.

interesting cheers. How do you find the roof other than mattress issue ?
The roof is fine, I sleep up there no problems the only issue with the roof is the top of the canvas sits in a C channel around the top of the roof, in the morning the channel is covered in condensation, so first job every morning is wiping down the rail, it’s no big deal. It’s just a cold peace of steal that causes a condensation catch point. The standard skyline roof is fixed to a timber baton. So no condensation build up at the top of the roof.

We have a skyline in our T6. Bought a double dozer inflatable mattress from Alpkit. Very comfy, deflate using vacuum cleaner or take it down and roll it up. If I get it fully deflated it can stay up top but easier to roll it up and not put added pressure on roof closures.

Back