Shuttle - changing MFSW + indicator & wiper stalks?

huw169

Black 199 Shuttle
VIP Member
T6 Guru
I'm buying a Shuttle - collection soon so excitement is building - but one of the mods I want to do is to put a MFSW in. I have a standard T6 MFSW coming that has cruise buttons on the left (CNL button and no ACC), a little separate volume control below, and MFD on the right.

Here is a link. VW T6 Leder Lenkrad Multifunktion DSG Wippen Naht Schwarz 7E0419091AC
Excellent price from Germany.. However, seems it is coming from Asia somewhere. We will see.

Assuming the MFSW works out to be OK, I'd like to change the stalks at the same time. The problem is finding exactly what I need.

Does anyone have a MFSW as standard with all cruise and volume controls, with a rear window wiper? If so, please can I have your chassis number so I can find out the part number of the stalk set I need?
The stalks should not have the Cruise switch, or the MFD buttons.

Any other complications i should consider?

Many thanks
Huw

Just about to do the same Huw ! Would love to see some pics when it complete
Will do. Have you got the steering wheel? I found it a nightmare trying to find the correct one, and not paying stupid money.
I'll let you know if the one I have ordered works out.
Part of me thinks it is too cheap to be real... We will see.

I just stumbled across this list that Pauly posted in the members area.

Instrument Stalks
7E0953507 9B9 - rear wiper
7E0953507A 9B9 - rear wiper & DIS buttons
7E0953507B 9B9 - cruise & rear wipe
7E0953507C 9B9 - cruise & rear wipe & DIS buttons
7E0953507D 9B9 - nothing
7E0953507E9B9 - DIS buttons
7E0953507F 9B9 - cruise
7E0953507G 9B9 - cruise & DIS buttons

@Pauly , are you able to confirm that it is the top one I will need based on my original post.
Or anyone else in the 'know' please?

I'll then get it ordered.
Many thanks
Huw

Get your wheel working first, cruise on the wheel and cruise on the stalk are wired differently so you will need to adapt that

Just as an update, the steering wheel I ordered has not yet arrived.
However, I have been given tracking details, which don't work.... And their communication is very poor, probably due to language, maybe...
Still crossing fingers and hoping it turns up.

Update. Steering wheel never arrived and communication dried up. I got the CC company involved this morning. Disappointing, but not totally unexpected once I discovered it was coming from Cambodia, but looked like a German site. If it does eventually turn up, I will update.
Anyway, ordered a 7E0 419 091 M from actual Germany this time. Same as last one, but no flappy paddles, which would have been nice, but were never a 'must have' for me.
Should be here next week.

Apologies I’m sure this will have been discussed many times before but I’m looking for some help retro fitting a multi function steering wheel in my 2016 Shuttle. It’s an SE spec which I believe is equivalent to a Highline and has cruise control on the indicator stalk. I’ve attached photos of my existing steering wheel and the one I’d like to fit but is it compatible and if so what do I need for r is there anyone out there close to Sheffield that could assist?

05FA92E9-C33F-4645-9D5B-1A6DB5A0400E.jpeg

7B6CDED0-74DA-488B-BD74-C68782874E8C.jpeg

The buttons on that wheel look to be for ACC not standard cruise control, someone will be along to correct me but I don’t think you can use the buttons on that wheel if you have standard cruise control.

Apologies I’m sure this will have been discussed many times before but I’m looking for some help retro fitting a multi function steering wheel in my 2016 Shuttle. It’s an SE spec which I believe is equivalent to a Highline and has cruise control on the indicator stalk. I’ve attached photos of my existing steering wheel and the one I’d like to fit but is it compatible and if so what do I need for r is there anyone out there close to Sheffield that could assist?

View attachment 110946

View attachment 110947
See the centre button on LH side has an image on it. That is ACC. You need that to be blank or it won’t work.
Also, it is the wrong airbag mounting. You need 2 ally hooks at 3 and 9 o’clock.

First one; if it comes with airbag as can’t see the mounting.
not second one: Airbag mounting wrong.

Regarding the buttons, they both fit different vans - the first one has additional buttons underneath the volume (left) and hands free (right) which means it’s for a Euro 6 van, whilst the second one without additional buttons means it’s for a Euro 5 van.
With yours being a Shuttle, I think they got the Eu6 engine earlier than the vans did.

First one; if it comes with airbag as can’t see the mounting.
not second one: Airbag mounting wrong.

Regarding the buttons, they both fit different vans - the first one has additional buttons underneath the volume (left) and hands free (right) which means it’s for a Euro 6 van, whilst the second one without additional buttons means it’s for a Euro 5 van.
With yours being a Shuttle, I think they got the Eu6 engine earlier than the vans did.
Sorry more questions...
Just looking at some wheels, some have cruise control buttons on the left but don’t have the little car image so I guess it just for standard cruise rather than ACC but would it be possible to get these operational when I have stalk controls?
Other wheels with the same shape airbag and alloy hooks at 3 and 9 o’clock, but just have volume controls on the left hand side, do I need one of these?
Thanks for your help

FF78B208-45C4-4E21-94B3-A693DDA9C866.png

4BBC41CA-476F-4748-A24E-20C0BF0DC404.png

I have tried to search. I have t6 with standard plastic steering wheel. The airbag seems to be covered in leather of some sort. Now for the question.
If I was to get a mfsw or just a better vw wheel would this airbag fit it as most wheels come without one. I have just purchased the cruise control stalks with trip as I don't have cruise control. I need it because I have RLS which it helps to have cruise. I did retrofit it to my vivaro made massive difference on long drives.
Cheers Chris

Back