T6 Caravelle Cruise control retrofit - Stalk or MFSW?

jayc001

T6 Pro
Hi Folks,

I've just put a deposit on a T6 Caravelle as an upgrade from my 5.1 Shuttle. Seems this is a low spec caravelle after looking at the build sheet so no cruise installed. Nearly all my mileage is motorway so it's a must have. I also don't like the MFSW installed as it doesn't have paddle shift like my 5.1 so that needs changing too (towing a 1800KG caravan paddles are a must).

Can I get both paddle and cruise in one hit on a wheel change? I have VCDS and OBDeleven and OK with the coding side, just looking at advice for the hardware.

Thanks

If your T6 is EURO6 then yes you can easily add MFSW with DSG paddle shift and cruise control. ACC would be also possible.

Reactions: mmi
Yes Euro6 (one of the main factors for purchase). ACC would need front radar yes? I'd like it but also would like easy/cheaper install. The more I look at the Caravelle the more I realise I had a particually well spec'd shuttle! Do I just need the wheel and then code it in?
Any suggestions for a wheel with cruise and paddles? Preferably one that uses current airbag?

Do I just need the wheel and then code it in?
Yes, see below.
If your car had no CCS than it is likly that the CCS wire from Stalk or MFSW to ECU is missing.
This one is needed for using CCS.
But as i already said, if Horn is sounding when pressing I:0 than in addition to the missing wire, you have some error in your wiering add all.
Go to Volkswagen AG erWin Online get an account there.
Buy a 1 Houre or 1 day Flatrate, download all documentation regarding your car together with the compleete wiering diagramms.
Compare what you have done to how it is shown in the wiering diagramms.

Regarding Coding for CCS with MFSW on EU6 Engine, with LIN bus of MFSW connected to BCM T73b Pin 36:
ECU 01:
Set Byte 05, Bit 5

BCM 09:
Set Byte 29, Bit 6
Set Byte 09, Bit 3
Set Byte 15, Bit 0
Set Byte 17, Bit 2
Set Byte 17, Bit 7

Back