Show Us Your Mountain Bikes :)

My Whyte 901 cracked last week on the seat post, after being fobbed off because I didn't register it when it was new (I didn't even know that was a thing other than dishwashers) I've decided to go for something different, a Stanton Switchback, quite excited to get back to steel after 20 years on ally! Pics and review to follow...

View attachment 76672

can’t beat a steel hardtail! Stanton make some awesome bikes, I used to have a Slackline. I’m really smitten with the Switch9er FS

can’t beat a steel hardtail! Stanton make some awesome bikes, I used to have a Slackline. I’m really smitten with the Switch9er FS
Sounds great! I was tempted to go for the Switch9er but means new wheels and forks and I've just spent a few quid on new 27.5 wheels, talk about bad timing :mad:

Do you have pics of yours?

My Whyte 901 cracked last week on the seat post, after being fobbed off because I didn't register it when it was new (I didn't even know that was a thing other than dishwashers) I've decided to go for something different, a Stanton Switchback, quite excited to get back to steel after 20 years on ally! Pics and review to follow...

View attachment 76672
Whyte didnt warranty this or offer a crash replacement? I have had a few Whytes and never had to register them and had whole frame under warranty because of some lose bearings and a floppy rear triangle......cant believe they didnt warranty it in some way even with a discounted frame

Whyte didnt warranty this or offer a crash replacement? I have had a few Whytes and never had to register them and had whole frame under warranty because of some lose bearings and a floppy rear triangle......cant believe they didnt warranty it in some way even with a discounted frame
Didn't warranty it as I didn't register in the first 28days even though its within the 4 years... Offered crash replacement frame 2019 frame for 250 but it's a boost frame so basically pointless for me, almost cheaper to buy a new bike by the time I factor in wheels and forks... Hence going for something different

Didn't warranty it as I didn't register in the first 28days even though its within the 4 years... Offered crash replacement frame 2019 frame for 250 but it's a boost frame so basically pointless for me, almost cheaper to buy a new bike by the time I factor in wheels and forks... Hence going for something different
Had a situation when I cracked the frame in my 2017 Orange Alpine, in fairness they supplied a new front and rear triangle under warranty (as both bits had cracks, probably started when I had a big crash on it, I broke 12 ribs, shoulder, collarbone and punctured a lung), when I pointed out that I'd need to then buy a new rear shock as they'd gone to a metric rear shock and mine wouldn't fit I got a like for like replacement shock from them free of charge to fit the new frame geometry, can't really say fairer than that in my opinion!

Yes, they’ve come on just a bit since I bought mine. :think smile bounce:

Bit of retro for you. Bought back in 2001 for £500, which was a fair amount of money back then, bought with the best of intentions, probably ridden it half a dozen times since. Giant XTC 840.
Took it to my local Giant shop recently to have new brakes fitted because the originals had seized and the guys that worked there were all over it, they even called everyone from out the back to come and have a look. :think smile bounce:

View attachment 75173View attachment 75174

Yep ... it's the 2020, so bang on geometry-wise, In fact Mondraker were first with the whole roomy cockpit and long wheel base thing. They call it 'Forward Geometry' .. long reach but with super short 30mm stem on all their bikes Not as extreme as Pole or Geometron bikes but a 470mm Reach and I think 1280mm wheelbase on a Medium is bonkers. According to Mondraker, I could've sized up as I was borderline on their size chart for a Large at 5'10" !!!!! o_O

It's 180mm travel 29" with a 65degs head angle. Can't remember Seat Angle as it's an eBike anyway and I'm a downhiller. Mondraker classify it as "Super Enduro" so it won't have the best seat angle for folks prioritising pedaling

Had first runs today to dial suspension settings and tyre pressures etc. The best way to sum this monster up is, it's the best bike I've ever ridden and better than any DH bike I've ever ridden. The perfect tool for downhill venues with no uplift service
shredder have you charged it up from the van ?gamechanger if you can eh

shredder have you charged it up from the van ?gamechanger if you can eh

I haven't but I hear you can to some extent. In fact, just yesterday a guy at Rogate Downhill Park (another T6 owner) came over to chat and he told me he'd had a load of stuff - leisure batteries, invertor, di-lithium crystals, warp field generator etc put into his van, which allowed him to "top up" his KTM eBIke. He didn't say he could do a full charge interestingly. Although, I didn't ask that specifically to be fair. Must depend on what battery you run in the bike as well, 500, 650, 700 etc

My bike runs a 650, so tends to easily last a whole day of Down Hilling (so far anyway). To avoid any complexity getting ready for the next day's action .. I just plug it in at the hotel before dinner :laugh::laugh:;)

Re Solar charging - I was talking to a chap near Carlisle who sells ply kits etc, but his main business is solar. He's been selling van roof set ups (250W rigid panels I think) to e-MTBers. I can DM his details if anyone was interested.

Back